Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Money from a Website

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Im in the process of setting up a website aimed at a specific market in New Zealand. I'd earn money from the site through advertising. The business side of things is my weakness at the moment. Is there laws I need to be aware of when making money off a site with a domain (co.nz) that isnt my country of residence? What do I need to do regarding tax etc? At the moment this is something small scale that I do part time and I dont expect to earn much. But in the future I think its something that could be very profitable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BSIM

Anyone able to help/offer advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I was going to but its a kind of answer i cant answer quickly..

All i can say is dont try and sprint before you can run.. get it off the ground and start earning money before you even think about this kind of stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

BSIM wrote: »
    Im in the process of setting up a website aimed at a specific market in New Zealand. I'd earn money from the site through advertising. The business side of things is my weakness at the moment. Is there laws I need to be aware of when making money off a site with a domain (co.nz)

You would probably be better off posting a query of this nature on a New Zealand forum it is unlikely that there will be many people in Ireland with an indepth knowledge of New Zealand regulations

In relation to making money from advertising on websites, this is not an easy task, you will need quite a large amount of traffic to make an income from it you havent mentioned whether you intend using google advertising or selling space on your website

Advertisement