Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girlfriend sponsorship

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

hi everyone,

have posted on this a few times and need some advice!! i have been working in perth for the last 2 months and my employer is looking to start spinsorship in April/May. I have asked about the possibilitty of them helping me in getting my gf and her child into the country and they said they would assist although i would not expect them to sponsor them or however the process works!! i am not sure if i could sponsor her once my papers come through as we are barely together 12 months!! i have relations here who can assist also if we come across any difficulties but am just wondering how my employer or family could assist in this process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! many thanks

kmc123

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

She might be able to come over on defacto. But if you have been living away from her for a lengthy period of time it might not be possible.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/eligibility-family.htm

I havent had to do this as "luckily" I'm not in a relationship but I believe in certain situations it can be difficult to make happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

irishmover wrote: »
    She might be able to come over on defacto. But if you have been living away from her for a lengthy period of time it might not be possible..
    The living together for 12 months is a requirement for PR defacto, but not for 457

If they can prove they've were together before he left. And have stayed in touch with the intentions of coming over then it should be fine.

Advertisement