Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Footpath Question

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just wondering about public footpaths in a 50km zone area?
    As part of our planning in 2003 we were required to give 8' of road frontage to the council to build footpaths, public lighting & walls. We gave up waiting and built our own wall! Now they are about to tarmac into our wall as there is not be enough funding for footpaths. It is a busy road and dangerous for walking on and even pulling in or out of our own driveway but if they tarmac in any further we're very worried about safety.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

shelly369 wrote: »
    As part of our planning in 2003 we were required to give 8' of road frontage to the council to build footpaths, public lighting & walls. We gave up waiting and built our own wall! Now they are about to tarmac into our wall as there is not be enough funding for footpaths. It is a busy road and dangerous for walking on and even pulling in or out of our own driveway but if they tarmac in any further we're very worried about safety.
    have your architect/engineer send a formal letter to the local council engineer, the local planner and the head of the planning department that dealt with your case. perhaps when a little pressure is applied things will change for the better..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im a bit confused.
    Why did you need to wait for anything?

Did you build a wall closer than the 8' set back that was asked for in the conditions of planning... or did you build the wall 8' back from the road edge and now they have widened the road to include this 8'??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shelly369

Thanks for the response, I'll be getting in touch with our local engineer this week! I was just hoping to have an idea before I met with him as to whether being within the 50km limit gave us any more rights to a footpath?

We built the wall 8' back where specified by the council. They roughly filled this in which widened the road slightly albeit rough - but they are now going to tarmac into the wall - safety as a pedestrian is an issue as we're on a bend but our main concern is that we will no longer have any bonnet clearance for our car when pulling out onto a busy main road!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks for the response, I'll be getting in touch with our local engineer this week! I was just hoping to have an idea before I met with him as to whether being within the 50km limit gave us any more rights to a footpath?

We built the wall 8' back where specified by the council. They roughly filled this in which widened the road slightly albeit rough - but they are now going to tarmac into the wall - safety as a pedestrian is an issue as we're on a bend but our main concern is that we will no longer have any bonnet clearance for our car when pulling out onto a busy main road!!

but surely the marked road edge hasnt moved?? and all they have done is increase the size of the margin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shelly369

Sorry I should have mentioned we live in the countryside and there are no road markings! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement