Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with Electric Windows

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm having a problem with the power windows in my 2001 VW Polo.

Basically, the windows will go up, but not down. If a passenger puts their window down, i can close it, but not open it again. The odd time the drivers window will go down, but not for a good while.

The mechanic is telling me that the switch might need replacing, as there's no power going to it, but i would've thought the fact that i can close the windows would rule this out, no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Mechanic probably meant there was no power reaching the motor when you press to open.
    It does sound like the switch, worth sticking one in straight off as they are cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Thanks

Yeah, they said they do it for 75, and if it wasn't the switch there'd be no charge.

I have the NCT this weekend, so i might just go ahead and do it.

Advertisement