Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand build

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Posted following as might be of use to people who are ignorant like myself of PC building. Hadn't confidence to build so decided to order prebuilt.To save money opted for assembly not software installation.

Took plunge and ordered.off Hardwareversand. Messed up order by changing graphics card and pasting wrong Article number so got lower spec card after sending order.I contacted them a second time to correct mistake but they ignored emails until after Pc shipped.

My fault so put down to experience but am owned money. Do they refund or do I have to take credit.?

Got machine and opened carefully. Powered on and Bios worked so left on original settings. Installed windows 7 disc started set up and got No boot drive or drivers found. Eventually after much head scratching figured that HDD wasn't showing up on BIOS. Opened Pc (again) checked connections and eventually noticed only sata interface from motherboard was connected with no power sata.

Trouble is Power sata doesn't fit and I need adaptor so have to wait another day.

So saga continues.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

What do you mean the SATA Power doesn't fit? Can you post the specs of the build you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭oscar2

Sorry, flat 15 pin sata power cable from Amazon Flower psu.

It's a Seagate Barracuda HDD. Its got a small power input connection but no adaptor was supplied and Hardware didn't connect it up.

Seagate call it a sata power cable adapter

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?name=install-troubleshoot-sata-non-mac&vgnextoid=2b089d2c3c90e010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD&locale=en-US

8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9

Sapphire radeon 6770 graphics

ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3 REV 3.0, Sockel 1155, mATX, DDR3

Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch

Rechner - Zusammenbau

Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    No HV13SB71DE
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W
    No HVR550SADE
    Xigmatek Asgard II Midi Tower - black/silver, ohne Netzteil

oscar2 wrote: »
    Sorry, flat 15 pin sata power cable from Amazon Flower psu.

It's a Seagate Barracuda HDD. Its got a small power input connection but no adaptor was supplied and Hardware didn't connect it up.

The connectors are universal, you shouldn't need any adapter. This is what the connectors look like:

sata2.jpg

The smaller one is the SATA cable that connects to the motherboard. The larger one is the power connector to the PSU.

Thanks for help.

My sata interface for motherboard is like the diagram but the power inlet on Hard drive is smaller than in your picture. My connections from psu are the flat ones.

I'm wondering would it need a slimline sata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Slimline_Powercable.jpg

oscar2 wrote: »
    Thanks for help.

My sata interface for motherboard is like the diagram but the power inlet on Hard drive is smaller than in your picture. My connections from psu are the flat ones.

I'm wondering would it need a slimline sata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Slimline_Powercable.jpg

I don't know of any Barracuda drive that doesn't use the standard connectors. Could you link me to the exact model that you bought?

• Advertisement

Here's the one.

Seagate Barracuda hard drive - 1 TB - SATA-600

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=53882&agid=1342

Finally got it unplugged sata interface and made room to see. Standard connection ok.

My stupidity

Thanks.

Advertisement