Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast break

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Afternoon all,
    I wonder could anyone recommend a good hotel in Belfast for a weekend break at the end of April? Does anyone know of good deals on at the minute? What's worth seeing? I'm thinking of going to see the Titanic exhibition but would like other ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

When you say 'good' is there anything in particular you're looking for in terms of location/parking/leisure facilities etc.? There's so many to choose from at both ends of the cost spectrum and everything in between so you'll be spoilt for choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

If you like the hastings hotel group on facebook they do have some good deals on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

I've stayed in both the Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter and Albert Street in the past few years a good few times and both are very good. If you can book when they have the £32 offer of a room, it is even better! The Cathedral Quarter one does not have parking facilities at the hotel, but they can provide you with a little map to the nearest multi-story car park that you pay around £5 a night to use.
    The breakfasts are lovely and both hotels are within walking distance from the shops...in case you need to drop off bags, so you can carry more. There is a new Premier Inn in the Titanic quarter, it is a bit of a walk back if you are planning to eat and drink in town at night, but taxi's are not too expensive.
    Just my opinion, but town is a great option.

If you are going for a top of the range hotel, the Fitswilliam beside the Opera house is fab - lovely rooms and a breakfast menu with loads of variety, also a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

Lovelyboy wrote: »
    Afternoon all,
    I wonder could anyone recommend a good hotel in Belfast for a weekend break at the end of April? Does anyone know of good deals on at the minute? What's worth seeing? I'm thinking of going to see the Titanic exhibition but would like other ideas.

I was in Belfast on Wednesday;very pretty town when the weather is compliant and everything worth seeing is well-accessible on foot.The Ulster Museum (in Queens Uni) was interesting;displaying exhibits on natural history,art&history;good value grub there in the museum's cafe/restaurant also and a gift shop for any nice souvenirs you may want.The Hop on/Hop off City Tour from Castle Street was excellent;hugely informative&darkly humourous presentation by our guide;you get to see the peace walls/lines,Shankill/Falls Road murals,Stormont,Titanic Quarter,City Hall and Queen's Unifrom from a nice,comfy vantage of open top,double-decker.The Black Taxi tours of paramilitary areas are also outstanding (pre-booking is advised).
    If you're feeling energetic;take a walk up Cavehill with nice vistas of Belfast and its surroundings,Belfast Zoo (if you've got young kids)&W5 at the Odyssey (also for kids).The Victoria or Castlecourt Shopping Centre might cater for a girlfriend's/wife's sartorial tastes.
    More detailed info available at www.gotobelfast.com or www.discovernorthernireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

wrong place to post my query

• Advertisement
Advertisement