Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parade

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

What time is the Patricks day parade on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

RubyK wrote: »
    Thanks I didn't even know where to look. The forcast isn't looking to good for it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Thanks I didn't even know where to look. The forcast isn't looking to good for it so far.

Does it ever?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

batm!ke wrote: »
    Does it ever?! :D
    Tradition is tradition!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Will the pubs be open:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,446 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Patricks day parade time is usually one of the best kept secrets in Waterford. The only reason I know this year is because I'm involved with a group that's in it. (Its starting at the Glen and going the length of the Quays. It had better not rain...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Th weather will be muck down here unfortunately - chilly and damp by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

RubyK wrote: »
    1.00 pm

They always say 1 O'Clock and then it you're left waiting in the freezing cold until about 2.30 before the bloody thing starts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

danjo-xx wrote: »

Eh...yeah?

Does anybody really enjoy the Parade anymore? I hate to be negative in the Waterford Forum but the last few parades I went to were absolute muck. Fire Tenders, GAA Clubs and vintage Cars and other tat. I remember as a young lad (cue the Hovis ad music) all the major employers and factories would sponsor floats and the parade could last ages. My father worked in Bausch & Lomb and they used to have one of the best floats but I remember asking him a few years ago why they didn't do the parade anymore and he said something along the lines of the council looked for too much insurance money? Would you say that's true? I may ask him again tomorrow. Anyway, the only reason I'm going this year is the little one is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

looking like there will be a good buzz around for the weekend hoping the weather picks up the funfair is coming together and the parade should be good as always ,:)

it may be the last year for long floats and the big spraoi entries as the new roundabout being plonked down outside the GPO will make it impossible for them to negoitate the quays in the future :(....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hoffmans wrote: »
    looking like there will be a good buzz around for the weekend hoping the weather picks up the funfair is coming together and the parade should be good as always ,:)

it may be the last year for long floats and the big spraoi entries as the new roundabout being plonked down outside the GPO will make it impossible for them to negoitate the quays in the future :(....
    God bless the council ,and their forward planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Hoffmans wrote: »

it may be the last year for long floats and the big spraoi entries as the new roundabout being plonked down outside the GPO will make it impossible for them to negoitate the quays in the future :(....[/QUO

What do you base that assumption on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Does anybody really enjoy the Parade anymore? I hate to be negative in the Waterford Forum but the last few parades I went to were absolute muck. Fire Tenders, GAA Clubs and vintage Cars and other tat. I remember as a young lad (cue the Hovis ad music) all the major employers and factories would sponsor floats and the parade could last ages. My father worked in Bausch & Lomb and they used to have one of the best floats but I remember asking him a few years ago why they didn't do the parade anymore and he said something along the lines of the council looked for too much insurance money? Would you say that's true? I may ask him again tomorrow. Anyway, the only reason I'm going this year is the little one is in it.

I agree with you. I'm only going this year because my daughters are participating as well.

The only highlight of the parade every year are the Spraoi parts really, they always do a great job.

I always find the parade to be pretty disorganised and disjointed myself to be honest. Last year, there were huge gaps between different sections of the parade and it started about an hour late again as usual.

Ah well, here's hoping they've improved things a bit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Sunday opening hours apply, though, for all pubs and off-licenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Guramoogah wrote: »
    Sunday opening hours apply, though, for all pubs and off-licenses.

no way thats correct????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

ah i get it its sunday opening hours but not sunday closing hours:) they just dont want us vomiting on camera for the world to see

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I put this up as a separate question but does anyone know if buses are running into town as normal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Anyone know what time the quay closes at

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Anyone know who's the Grand Marshall?

• Advertisement

The Quays are closed 9.30 -2.30 last I heard, don't know who the grand Marshall, and most of the bus routes come through the Quay or close to the Quay so I doubt they'll be operating until after half 2, that's just a guess though! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suirside11

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone know who's the Grand Marshall?

Ken McGrath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Any night clubs open tonight lads? Wheres a good pub to watch the rugby in? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

passing mall niw after 20min gap...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

FearDark wrote: »
    Any night clubs open tonight lads? Wheres a good pub to watch the rugby in? Thanks.

Katie Barrys or Three Shippes for rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

FearDark wrote: »

Three ships is the best spot for Rugby matches.

Have to say Parade was a lot better than recent years, they're seemed to be an effort to say 'let's not let the recession and the recent job losses affect us' so fair play to all involved. There were gaps at the start all right but at least it didn't piss down raining! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Any photos of the parade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

I went down to it for the first time since I was a kid and was shocked at how poor it was. I feel we as a city need to do something to make our parade a lot better. Given that Spraoi is local based we should be one of the best in Ireland if not in the world as the Spraoi weekend is always a massive hit.

Ken McGrath being carted around an open top Volkswagon Golf chatting to the driver is not what people want, he hardle looked or waved at the people who probably supported hurling all their lives. Of course I am not pointing the blame on Ken but the grand marshal of the parade did not really set a positive theme for the parade.

Surely we can do better ? Is it possible for the boards group to influence the parade :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

any pictures of the parade???

Advertisement