Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotdesking in galway city

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

working from home isn't ideal so I am curious to find out if anyone has taken up the hotdesking option in galway.......i'd be prepared to do it if it were affordable which I suppose is the whole point of the thing but I quickly checked a coiple of websites there and they were asking for 200 euro plus vat a month which for hotdesking maybe is slightly too much, especially since I have seen small office spaces being advertised for only a little bit more

so if anyone has experience of hotdesking or renting out cheap office space in Galway, then let me know....also maybe there is some FAS or galway enterprise board free facility that offers this but I'm not sure how one qualifies - anyway any ideas, suggestions or solutions welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Look into the Ballybane enterprise centre - they are really supportive of growing businesses and offer a hotdesking service at a reduced rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

looks good....any idea on cost?

only downside is that I'd prefer closer to city centre if possible but i'd make an exception if I got a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Have you looked into 091 Labs? Not a hotdesking place per-se, but we've put ourselves out there as a place for start-ups to come and work, bounce ideas off other members, etc.

We're having an Open Day on March 24th if you're interested :)
    http://091labs.com/2012/03/091-labs-open-day-saturday-march-24th/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

donfers wrote: »
    working from home isn't ideal so I am curious to find out if anyone has taken up the hotdesking option in galway.......i'd be prepared to do it if it were affordable which I suppose is the whole point of the thing but I quickly checked a coiple of websites there and they were asking for 200 euro plus vat a month which for hotdesking maybe is slightly too much, especially since I have seen small office spaces being advertised for only a little bit more

I suspect the advertised services include cleaning, a shared kitchen, a receptionist, wi-fi, and possibly a phone on the desk ... and public liability insurance to cover anyone visiting you in the building.

Just renting a cheap office would be cheaper, but without any of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was passing this place today, might be something for you?
    http://www.levelone.ie/offices/Services/hot-desk/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Gray Office Park out by the Omniplex might be worth a call as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Robbo wrote: »
    Gray Office Park out by the Omniplex might be worth a call as well.

I've always been curious about that place. Does anyone know of any businesses operating out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Could try the cube in wellpark: http://www.gtc.ie/the-cube.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilonocks

I've always been curious about that place. Does anyone know of any businesses operating out of it?

I have an office there. I find it great, good mix of businesses and a good atmosphere

Advertisement