Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolek Ltd, Trading as 'The Iona Institute'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Stark wrote: »
    Those celibate feckers have really thought a lot about the whole sex thing.

O yeah. Used be a lot worse by all accounts. Certainly in medieval times you'd have to confess as to whether you did it, what precisely it was you did, how long you did it for, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Nodin wrote: »
    O yeah. Used be a lot worse by all accounts. Certainly in medieval times you'd have to confess as to whether you did it, what precisely it was you did, how long you did it for, afaik.

Ah in fairness the bloody sheets weren't too bad, at least you knew where you stood virgin wise.

lazygal wrote: »
    Ah in fairness the bloody sheets weren't too bad, at least you knew where you stood virgin wise.

Theres another traditional female role/job thing David Quinn should advocate. Feck knows, he hasn't ditched the rest of the 15th century, so I don't see why he should leave that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

"If I'm not having fun, none of you are having fun."

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

According to Terry Jones (who is addition to being a Python is a highly respected medieval scholar) they were at it like rabbits in the Middle Ages and essentially took little notice of the Church. The Church will never admit this as it contradicts their 'we were all powerful for centuries and the only unifying force in Christendom which was obeyed by all' propaganda...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    According to Terry Jones (who is addition to being a Python is a highly respected medieval scholar) they were at it like rabbits in the Middle Ages and essentially took little notice of the Church. The Church will never admit this as it contradicts their 'we were all powerful for centuries and the only unifying force in Christendom which was obeyed by all' propaganda...

From my amateur interest in Roman history it would appear to have been the same then as well. I'd guess that people are no more promiscuous now than they ever were.

keane2097 wrote: »
    From my amateur interest in Roman history it would appear to have been the same then as well. I'd guess that people are no more promiscuous now than they ever were.

There is a reason rabbits use the expression 'at it like Romans'

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

keane2097 wrote: »

It's thought that the love-heart comes from the shape of a seed which the Romans used as a contraceptive. No-one can be sure of this because the Romans bonked it into extinction.

People do seem to have a belief that in the past people were less promiscuous, which is just ridiculous; every one of my grandmother's brothers got married because he 'had to'. People have been shagging each other, right left and centre, since before they were people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Holy sh*t I just noticed Bannasidhe has an avatar now. Mind = blown

Sarky wrote: »
    Holy sh*t I just noticed Bannasidhe has an avatar now. Mind = blown

Bless those pain meds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ironingbored

All oral pleasures are on the banned list. Stimulation involving the hands etc is also forbidden. Some stimulation of the breasts is permitted but not to the extent that it leads to orgasm. Climax is to be the result of penetrative sex and nothing else. Thems the rules.

SPUC is on the case!
    The sexual organs are structured for depositing sperm into the vagina, not into a jar. A masturbator - even one motivated by a desire to fertilise eggs, even his wife's - is 'making love' to his hand, which is unnatural and a form of self-abuse.

http://spuc-director.blogspot.ie/2013/04/the-telegraphs-adulation-of-ivf-pioneer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Bless those pain meds.

Oscar was my favourite Sesame Street character when I was a kid. He was never afraid to say what he really thought :)

I never imagined that 30 years later I'd be playing those episodes back on shiny discs with frikkin' lasers, and enjoying them all over again! and the kids like them too :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Is it self abuse if you bring yourself out and get to know yourself first, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Is it self abuse if you bring yourself out and get to know yourself first, I wonder?
    So long as you don't leave money on the locker as you slip off home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Last time I checked, a hand didn't have the mental capacity to consent. Bringing it out on dates qualifies as grooming. In fact I believe a whole seedy network of manicure shops has opened up in Ireland in recent years where you can pay money to have impressionable young hands groomed. No wonder self abuse is so rampant these days!

Last time I checked, a hand didn't have the mental capacity to consent. Bringing it out on dates qualifies as grooming. In fact I believe a whole seedy network of manicure shops has opened up in Ireland in recent years where you can pay money to have impressionable young hands groomed. No wonder self abuse is so rampant these days!

God Bless Hand Defense for speaking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You just move the hand to another area and hope the abuse doesn't happen again, so you can avoid any scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

^^

Could be onanism's answer to "The Silent Scream".

Edit: Youtube video seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Quinn published a piece during the week was complaining about media bias for not covering those murders in an American abortion clinic... in a newspaper that ran the story. The mind boggles sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

The pro life crowd have been absolutely obsessed with that story. The logic being that if Ireland legislates for X it'll lead to situations like that here.

But the argument can be completely turned around on them. The glosnell is exactly why we need safe, legal abortion here. Forcing women to go abroad means they're at risk of ending up in an unregulated clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder, if that unlicensed abortionist is representative of the "abortion industry" as a whole, does that mean Dr. Harold Shipman represented every retirement home?

Exactly. If we follow their logic through, surely all retirement homes should be banned too?

It's the culture of death! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

^^

Could be onanism's answer to "The Silent Scream".

Edit: Youtube video seems to have disappeared.

I didn't want to upset anyone.... :pac: Back up with it. This is the true slippery slope for hands. Let them do one thing and they'll walk all over society.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,562 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bobby42 wrote: »
    The pro life crowd have been absolutely obsessed with that story. The logic being that if Ireland legislates for X it'll lead to situations like that here.

But the argument can be completely turned around on them. The glosnell is exactly why we need safe, legal abortion here. Forcing women to go abroad means they're at risk of ending up in an unregulated clinic.

I tweeted similar to Quinn when he was tweeting about it. Quoted part of the article that said that proper inspections of the practices operations weren't being carried out, and pointed out that that was the issue, not abortion itself.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think he's blocked me. Can't remember ever being abusive to him on it (though it is entirely possible as he pisses me off)

I've been nothing but polite to Quinn, just straight forward logical questions on same sex marriage, and he's never replied to me.

I probably should stop reading his tweets.

His last one linked to an article which basically said that political correctness caused the Boston bombings and all immigrants and muslims need to be seen as potential terrorists. Disgusting.

Yet if you mention anything about catholic church double standards, i.e covering up child abuse, ect. he'll go off on how that's anti catholic and how dare anyone generalise. But he'll happily generalise all muslims as potential terrorists though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Quinn uses Islam as a weapon whenever it's convenient. It's a really a deplorable tactic.

I've said it in the Politics sub-forum, he's little more than a Richard Littlejohn wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

All. The. Time.

MrP

• Advertisement

So will the iona institute be given a lot less air time now or am I being overly optimistic?

We had Quinn misrepresenting research and the constitutional convention and O'Brien attempting to rewrite history on Marrian Finucane.

Alas I suppose their credibility as been lacking long before now and they've always been given any amount of media attention.

Hearing O'Brien being schooled on basic facts earlier was absolute bliss.

Advertisement