Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolek Ltd, Trading as 'The Iona Institute'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

But their souls were saved first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

David is living up to being the most punchable man in Ireland, I see. I want to see him dragged out of his bed, blindfolded and brought to one of these institutions. This prïck should be ashamed of himself. If he was 25 years younger he'd be dismissed as a troll and not given such a wide audience to spread his bile to.

And to think, he wanted to emulate the French Front National with his "National Forum".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

David is living up to being the most punchable man in Ireland, I see. I want to see him dragged out of his bed, blindfolded and brought to one of these institutions. This prïck should be ashamed of himself. If he was 25 years younger he'd be dismissed as a troll and not given such a wide audience to spread his bile to.

And to think, he wanted to emulate the French Front National with his "National Forum".

I'm growing concerned about your blood pressure!

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I'm growing concerned about your blood pressure!

Me too. This pitiful, vile poison dwarf makes me furious. He's a fücking pathetic little troll, incapable of any sort of empathy for his totalitarian Church's victims - whenever a scandal breaks, the first thing he thinks is how to minimise it, how to deflect the blame and how to play the victim. It's like watching a bully when they're confronted by a teacher. Fück him.

Me too. This pitiful, vile poison dwarf makes me furious. He's a fücking pathetic little troll, incapable of any sort of empathy for his totalitarian Church's victims - whenever a scandal breaks, the first thing he thinks is how to minimise it, how to deflect the blame and how to play the victim. It's like watching a bully when they're confronted by a teacher. Fück him.

The most notable thing I think is how he uses tragedy to get himself publicity.

He is vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

The screaming abuse of David Quinn and the Iona Institute on this thread reflects badly on people who claim to be rational. My kids, thankfully, would disregard anyone who substitued name-calling for discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

To be fair, he is a disgusting little man. I'm not sure there's another way of describing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Banbh wrote: »
    The screaming abuse of David Quinn and the Iona Institute on this thread reflects badly on people who claim to be rational. My kids, thankfully, would disregard anyone who substitued name-calling for discussion.

He is a poo-poo head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

To be completely and absolutely fair to Mr Quinn. He has encouraged a full investigation.

(on Newstalk / Pat Kenny yesterday)

A criminal investigation?

P.

To be quite honest, I don't think he'd ever drop his apologetic bullshit until he experienced even a millionth of the pain his fascistic Church inflicted upon our country's women and children.

It is almost subhuman how he doesn't care about the Church's victims even a millionth as much as its reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not in the slightest. It's long past time the gloves came off.

mikom wrote: »
    He is a poo-poo head.

a poo-poo head with blue bockles circling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

But their souls were saved first.

No they were unbaptised because their mothers were brazen hussies who lead on the poor innocent men to have sex with them (despite knowing nothing about sex, procreation or in some cases they were raped).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

The screaming abuse of David Quinn and the Iona Institute on this thread reflects badly on people who claim to be rational.

Yes they really are vile in their abuse over at Iona/Hitler Jugend Defence, etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum. We should really stop quoting that in this thread, or linking to it for fear of corrupting the bairns.

Just to clarify here, this crowd don't just want you to accept RC Jesus and live a certain way, they want to pass and/or block laws to make you live a certain way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

This pitiful, vile poison dwarf makes me furious. He's a fücking pathetic little troll [...] Fück him.
    While Quinn in a public figure who courts controversy, and who appears to enjoy it, there's no call for that level of bile, either here in A+A or anywhere else.

And apart from the crudeness, if Quinn were to hear of it, it's quite possible he'd use it to play his "persecution card", to the detriment of everybody here.

Cut it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A reprehensible man who fronts a reprehensible lobby group that is trying to reintroduce some of the more reprehension aspects of a very reprehensible organisation is how I view him.

Reprehensible is a nice and civilised word that wouldn't cause somebody to feel legally victimised isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

A word count analysis of David and Breda's weekend articles:

eVIFKzc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

oceanclub wrote: »
    A word count analysis of David and Breda's weekend articles:

eVIFKzc.png

I am fed up of listening to the chorus of media commentators saying We can not blame the church for this, all of society was to blame, look even the protestants were at it'

People like David Quinn and Breda O Brien presumably think that the Roman Catholic church have some kind of moral authority that the people should follow. By their own reason, the Church should be examples for the people to follow and even if the rest of society was corrupt, the representatives of the church in Ireland should have been shining lights of virtue. The fact that systemic abuses took place within the religious orders shows that there is no moral authority within the church.

There is ample evidence that the church's influence on social policy towards family structures in ireland was overwhelmingly negative and repressive, and the correlation between the reduction in the influence of the church, and emergence of the national psyche from the dark ages only adds further to the evidence that the church was and still is a destructive force in Ireland.

But the Brits.....

But the Swedes....

Plus the predictable
    "What is also incredible is that some of the same people who are waxing most indignant about the mother and child homes think an equivalent scandal today is the fact that 4,000 Irish women have to travel to England each year for abortions. "
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/david-quinn/single-mothers-were-forcibly-sterilised-in-sweden-we-dont-hear-much-about-that-30351488.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Nodin wrote: »
    But the Brits.....

But the Swedes....

Plus the predictable
    "What is also incredible is that some of the same people who are waxing most indignant about the mother and child homes think an equivalent scandal today is the fact that 4,000 Irish women have to travel to England each year for abortions. "
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/david-quinn/single-mothers-were-forcibly-sterilised-in-sweden-we-dont-hear-much-about-that-30351488.html

Pitiful stuff from Mr Quinn. "We're not the worst of them" is the best he can come up with?

pauldla wrote: »
    Pitiful stuff from Mr Quinn. "We're not the worst of them" is the best he can come up with?

Jeeeze...we even suck at being the worst.

20th Century Ireland - Failed to make the World Cup of Appalling Regimes.

Knocked out by Romania in the group stage.

DQ is on Galway Bay FM talking about fathers day now...

Marriage is to make a commitment about raising children.
    Invoking Barak Obama about missing fathers.
    waffle

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

So why do Iona oppose same-sex couples from marrying? Why can't they make a commitment for their children? :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Funny, I was never asked about the childers when getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

It's annoying that someone with his crazy logic and offensive views exists - but i like to remind myself that he's fairly marginal in terms of irish society's opinions. So at least we know where the crazy is and that no one with sense is following.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wonder why they asked him on, Father's Day does raise issues re fathers rights etc but surely there are better people to call on to talk about that some right wing nutcase.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

lazygal wrote: »
    Funny, I was never asked about the childers when getting married.
    Strange. I managed to produce a child without a marriage myself. Must tell that to the bold David. With some luck, he might assplode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

eviltwin wrote: »
    I wonder why they asked him on, Father's Day does raise issues re fathers rights etc but surely there are better people to call on to talk about that some right wing nutcase.

John Waters was probably busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Daith

Is he confusing marriage and parents again?

Advertisement