Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book that helps you trace your family history

Options
  • 12-03-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

I know this is a strange question for the pregnancy corner, but since getting pregnant I've become aware of all the things I'd like my baby to know about their grandparents etc. I thought (now I could have dreamed this, as my head is not working in the manner that it once used to!) I heard someone on the radio talking about this book you can get to ask your parents, I think specifically, your mother, to write down their family history - where they grew up, stories etc.

Does anyone know if such a book exists :eek: and what is it called? I think it would be a great mothers day pressie and would be wonderful to have for our baby when he/she grows up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I bought a book similiar to this

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Grandparents-Nick-Wells/9781844513239

from the book people or one of those types of people, they bring books into your place of work and you buy them. I think this is what you are looking for. Prob too late for mother's day but I gave one to each set of grandparents for Christmas, I don't know if they've filled them in or not but it had the family tree and then sections for them to fill in about their brothers and sisters, their parents and how they met etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Thanks a million for that Fitzcoff,

I didn't even know how to start searching for it! :D

Advertisement