Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global/Universal phone sim card?

Options
  • 12-03-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this?

My friend was on a three month holiday taking in Australia, Brazil, Peru, New Zealand and just received a phone bill from an Irish operator for €850

Now I know he should have been more careful and done some research to avoid high call costs but alas he didn't and now he's gotta pay the bill.

I'm heading off myself later in the year for six months and I hope to visit as many countries as possible. I don't want to end up with a phone bill costing me thousands so I am wondering if there is such a thing as a global sim card that can be used in as many countries as possible with the lowest rates possible?

I have seen some sites online but I don't know if they are legit or not.

Has anyone experience with this sort of thing and if so can you advise me as to what I should do.

Thanks.

Advertisement