Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill in first floor apartment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

Nothing to do with structural maps. It's to do with the standard terms of lease agreements and in house rules. You sound like a big baby now to be honest. I never made any claim about structural maps or anything like it.

The rules of most companies are very similar, if not almost identical, in the vast majority of cases. That's why I made the statement that almost never will using a treadmill be ruled as excessive behaviour. There are pretty standarised rules when it comes to these things. It's as simple as that.

Take a look in this forum and see the cases of neighbours actually making noise, and real excessive noise, out of hours. You'll notice that not a lot of them get swift resolutions even in the cases of what would broadly be accepted anti social behaviour. Very little gets done about parties at 4am, 20 kids playing in halls and kicking footballs against walls etc.. etc.. etc...

Using a treadmill in designated hours within the rules and terms of the lease agreement isn't going to land anyone in any kind of trouble or breach of agreement in almost every case whether you like it or not. For some reason you seem to not like this fact. That's not my problem quite frankly. You can use stupid comparsions to jackhammers all you want too. It won't change a thing. If you're not in breach of the rules then theres nothing to be done. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

djimi wrote: »
    Its not expressely written in my lease or the management rules that I cant use a jackhammer on the floor of my apartment; would you consider this to be reasonable noise that would be permitted?

I've used a hammer action drills in my apartment many times, to mount curtain rails etc, and I have new neighbours move in recently who did a fair amount of renovations. The noise is annoying, especially as I work nights and weekends, but once the work is completed by 8pm then their is nothing I, or you can do.

Also you need to realise that there is no guarantee of quite between IIRC 8am and 8pm anywhere in this country. Why else do you think we have to put up with closing our major traffic arteries during rush hour? If I had a valid reason I could legally sit outside your property boundary with a jack hammer digging the ground and with a couple of generators running so my tea doesn't get cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You sound like a big baby now to be honest.
    No need for comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ruth2

Kaner2004 wrote: »
    OP, I'm only trying to save you some trouble down the line, but I guess you wont be told. You already know what you want to believe.
    If you dont believe me, talk to a qualified structural engineer about the damage this will cause. I am one, but i dont expect you to believe I am one, so find one you know and ask them.

And regarding the noise. I doubt your neighbor below is the only one who can hear it. Its nice to be nice.

Hi Kaner2004
    Thanks for the advice. I think you are getting confused with me and others. I presume you are refering to me as "OP"? I am not the ones arguing over this just the person who posted the info and question. I am accepting all advice gratefully. Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Friend of mine had a previously placid downstairs neighbor nearly take the head off him after using a stepper. Made dreadful noise apparently. My friend put a big mat underneath and cut down on using it.

TBH though a full scale treadmill in an apartment sounds crazy - they're OK in big houses with lots of space. That's what gyms are for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

can't believe OP's only concern is regarding structural problems that might arise, tbh why not go to the gym, living over somebody and allowing a treadmill into the apartment is just plain selfish , self serving and knowingly dissing your neighbour's right to peace in his/her own home - no matter what rules and regulations of the building management say - what about just being a kind and decent neighbour.

very little of that about these days....:confused:

Advertisement