Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - PS/LR editing

Options
  • 12-03-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi - I'm looking for suggestions for a new build :

1. What is your budget? [ideally under €750]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Photoshop/Lightroom, internet and general usage]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes - have XP on old PC so could I get upgrade ?]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [
    Have eSATA card 6Gb/s card (PCIe 2.0) + external box for main file storage, 64GB SSD + old SATA drives I plan to use as scratch disks.
    But I would like 1 new internal drive for docs + Win7 etc.
    Will probably use the existing SSD for Photoshop/Lightroom scratch etc. Maybe get another bigger SSD in a year or so and load Windows on it then]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [-]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1600x1200 & 1680x1050 - need two DVI outputs] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No, can reuse]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Not really]

8. How can you pay? [any]

9. When are you purchasing? [next few weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin]

Other :
    Would like plenty of SATA/eSATA + USB3 and USB2 ports for bits and pieces
    As RAM is relatively so cheap - is it worth going for 12 GB rather than the usual 8GB ?
    Maybe a silly question - but do I need to order any cables etc for connecting everything together ?

Thanks, Frank

Comments

Advertisement