Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a first boat

Options
  • 12-03-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, can anyone give me advise on boats. Im looking for a boat to go fishing in in wexford harbour and i want a cheap boat around 19 ft with an engine. Any one have any suggestions on what type of boat and hp engine i will need and if i can use a lake boat like this one ... http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/3115718
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

looks clean and fresh by the pictures, just ask about the bearings on the trailer. if your taken it out on a harbour be no harm to have a back up engine, oars and a vhf radio. there is no second chances with the sea. Also i would say a 5hp for lake fishing. maybe a 7hp short shaft if your taken it out in the harbour. changing and strong currents you will need a little more power.

Advertisement