Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick french q

• 12-03-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Could somebody please translate the following phrase. I got result of my french oral and this was written on sheet : débit tres courant.

I looked it up and it said something to do with flow ? could someone contextualise this for me ?? :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Are you sure it's not supposed to be début? If so, it's 'beginning very fluent' or something to that effect. I've never seen/heard the word débit before.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

If it is 'débit', it's good news, it means your flow of French is fluent, rather than hesitating or halting.
    If it is 'début', it means you were 'fluent' at the start...
    Keep it up, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

BTW, 'débit' is an important word to know, as in the expression "Internet haut débit' = Broadband Internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Thanks for your replies.... :D:D:D:D:D

it was débit tres courant! :)

Advertisement