Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name of hotel (not there any more!)

Options
  • 12-03-2012 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, trying to remember the name of a hotel/night club that used to be up at the top of Eyre Square, round about where Cuba/Bar901 used to be too... Was in it way back in the 90s and can't for the life of me remember what it was called... figure someone on here will remember! Half remember that it had a bit of a reputation for older men coming in to pick up wimmin...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Was it The American Hotel aka O'Sullivan's

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Sounds like 'The Bentley' to me, particularly the bit about the older crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sadhbh

Thanks Meemars, the Bentley it was! Saves me wrecking my head all evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

sgthighway wrote: »
    Was it The American Hotel aka O'Sullivan's

I disagree. The American Hotel was on the left.

Cuba is on the site of the old Curran's Hotel.

eh no its not, cuba was next door to currans.

Most of the TK maxx building (apt's & other shop etc) is now sitting where currans used to be. It was a huge site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement