Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-locating to South Dublin

Options
  • 12-03-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,
    We're hoping to moving to South Dublin,in 2012/ 2013 with our two children, aged 1 & 4. we are looking for somewhere to rent 1st, then buy in that area, schools are a major factor as we dont want to uproot the children from a school. i need to travel into town for work and my wife needs to get to bray( we have one car- which she will use)

Where would you recommend we start our search and look into schools?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,520 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You should have a look around killiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, have you thought about Greystones?

I've lived here for a year now and love it - its a great area for families and kids (part. sporting-wise - every single sport is catered for here). It feels like a small town, within commuting distance of the city but also close to the mountains etc. And of course it has its own beach. There's a really nice community feel to the place (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625)

There's 5 primary schools in the town itself, with more in the neighbouring areas. It only has one sec. school at the moment (most kids get the DART to Bray) but there is another planned (patronage is being sought at the moment).

I would highly recommend a trip down on the DART to take a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Booterstown is on the N11, 3.5 miles from Stephens Green, has 6 schools and Dart and QBcs into town as well as beside UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

personally i think churchtown, dundrum areas are fantastic, close to luas, m50, huge amount of schools, parks, dundrum town centre etc. Op you looking at private or national schools?

Advertisement