Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

husband left job , jobseekers

Options
  • 12-03-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi i was wondering if anybody can help me.

My husband has just walked out of his job as he was very un happy and was getting very depressed in his job.

we have two small children under the age of four.

i know the new thing is you cant get job seekers for 9 weeks if you walk out but would i be able to claim for him and the two children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

mum_2_2 wrote: »
    Hi i was wondering if anybody can help me.

My husband has just walked out of his job as he was very un happy and was getting very depressed in his job.

we have two small children under the age of four.

i know the new thing is you cant get job seekers for 9 weeks if you walk out but would i be able to claim for him and the two children.

Could he not have gone out sick while you weighed up your options... being out of work and having no money to feed a family of four is hardly going to be easy on him either...

At the least I'd say go to your Community Welfare officer and see can he sum you until a payment comes through... esentially he can write you a cheque to keep you going until you get something sorted...
    You'l have to be prepared for a tough time and practically beg for the mone :(y

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try asking in the state benefits forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Head to the doctor, if your husband left because of stress/depression and the Doctor agrees, he can give your husband a letter for Social Welfare, if the doctor believes that your husband is willing and capable of other work then your husband might be able to get jobseekers straight away. If the doctor thinks that your husband is unable to work for a while, he may be able to get illness benefit.

The 9 week thing can be avoided if there is a genuine reason for leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mum_2_2

thanks for the answers, he didnt want to walk out as he has been working since he was 16 but he couldnt cope anymore :(

i wish that he did wait while we sorted something out,

Advertisement