Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney in Dublin?!?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rednik wrote: »
    I would not be a big Beatles fan but Wings were a great band with a few great albums. I saw McCartney in the RDS in 04 and I was at the 02 show in December a few years back and both shows were superb. I hope he returns again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭trashcan

Rigsby wrote: »
    FFS, people !!! :rolleyes: The OP asked a simple question as to whether anyone knew if McCarthney was coming to Dublin again.

OK, those who dont like him, obviously could not care less whether he does or not. That's fair enough. There are a LOT of people who do care however.

To each their own. It would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things. So give up the childish "X is better than Y" bickering, and answer the OP's question if you know for sure that he is coming.

Ah, nothing wrong with a bit of an oul debate/slanging match. Half the fun of music is going "X are ****e, no they're not, they're much better than Y. No Y are rubbish....."etc,etc

Anyway, for the record I'd be in the Macca camp. Can't agree that he was the minor partner in the Beatles, many of my favourite Beatles songs are his. Also, he has produced a lot of sub standard stuff since, and I agree that all the awards or top ten hits in the world don't mean much (Dont West****e have nearly as many No 1's as the Beatles FFS) but Macca has also produced some fine songs post Beatles. Live & Let Die, Band on the Run, Tug of War, Waterfalls, to name just a few. Still puts on a decent show too from what I've seen. Never seen him live but I wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jack67

well trashcan,he will not be around forever,if you can, go see him live,before its to late,you wont regret it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

He was awesome in the O2. But the RDS gig was a damp squib.

BTW, people who say "the Beatles were sh*t" or "Lennon was better" really don't have any understanding... about anything really! :-)

Bring on the rage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

By many accounts, McCartney was the workhorse of The Beatles. Harrison said that himself and Lennon just wanted to sit in the garden and get stoned all the time but for McCartney constantly ringing them to record new material. He was far more creative than people give him credit, for example, the revolutionary step The Beatles took of recording samples and playing them backwards and slower/faster in songs was his innovation. Strawberry Fields, Tomorrow Never Knows would not be the songs they are without his input. People seem to base their strong opinions on weak knowledge. A shame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement