Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is the NCT Changing. Engine swap??

Options
  • 12-03-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am putting a bigger engine in my car and I have heard that the NCT are going to start checking engine numbers with chassis numbers. I am wondering does anyone know if this is true as i want to change an engine with no hassle. If I do change there is surely a way I am entitled to have the engine by putting it on the log book or something?

Does anyone have any information on this?

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I would have thought there would be no issue if the log book matches up with the new larger engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I would have thought there would be no issue if the log book matches up with the new larger engine?

Thing Is the cars arent actually mine. I bring the cars to the NCT for the guys after doing the engine swap. The guys dont declare the bigger engine and the NCT have said nothing about it untill now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

crossy wrote: »
    Thing Is the cars arent actually mine. I bring the cars to the NCT for the guys after doing the engine swap. The guys dont declare the bigger engine and the NCT have said nothing about it untill now.
    Christ, where to start..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

well if the cars not yours, you have nothing to worry about;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Is it just me or does this sound dodgy to everyone else too???!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well this is news to me... A fúcking pain in the arse too :mad::mad::mad:

What about engines swapped like for like? Ignoring bigger engine for the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Just declare it and it wont be an issue, only costs the price of a stamp to send them the details

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

dgt wrote: »
    Well this is news to me... A fúcking pain in the arse too :mad::mad::mad:

What about engines swapped like for like? Ignoring bigger engine for the mo
    Just register the new engine number on the VLC and you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I am putting a bigger engine in my car

Like this - like:

384293_10150411273030485_749765484_8447962_679294775_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Well maybe get them to do their own dirty work? Having said that i cant speak as my engine does not match my log book but i bring my own car to the nct. It passed it the last time however if legislation is introduced then i shall have to get my paper work in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I am putting a bigger engine in my car
    Thing Is the cars arent actually mine. I bring the cars to the NCT for the guys after doing the engine swap.

Which one is it?Thread closed.If you want to PM me and justify why this needs to be reopened, please do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement