Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in apartment since Jan, huge bill since Oct!!

Options
  • 12-03-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I moved into an apartment at the start of year and signed up to take on the electricity charges.

I was informed that there was some outstanding costs for the address, to amount of roughly 8 euro which dates back to the end of October. I didn't mind that so I said it's fine for such a small amount. I gave them the current reading when I moved in.

When we recieved the bill last week it was for 370 euro!! The bill was from October last year so I rang and gave a current reading on that day, the lady on the phone(who was pretty rude) said that with the reading it was slightly lower but still around 350. I said how much would I have used since the first reading I gave them to the reading from that day and I was told about 110 euro. They said the bill was based on estimates and the unhelpful lady said I should know all this and it will be taken from my account!

Can someone help me urgently as I don't want the full amount debited and I'm not paying for someone elses electricity?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Ush1,

In order for me to look into this for you, can you please send me on the following details via PM:
    • Your full name, address and account number
    • Your contact number and date of birth for account security
    Ush1 wrote:
    I said how much would I have used since the first reading I gave them to the reading from that day and I was told about 110 euro. They said the bill was based on estimates and the unhelpful lady said I should know all this and it will be taken from my account!

On a general note, ESB Networks look after readings on our behalf, and they plan to read your meter 4 times a year. In a 12-month period, customers can expect 2 estimations. This number may increase if there are difficulties in gaining access to the meter.

When a reading has been submitted (you can do this a number of ways - by phone, online, or with our Meter Reading App) and it corrects a series of estimates, you should still only be paying for what you have used. The discrepancy of €110/€350 certainly doesn't sound right, so I'll need to have this looked at for you.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement