Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada IEC incompetence

Options
  • 12-03-2012 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I applied for the IEC and sent away all required documents on the 29th of December and received the Letter of Introduction on the 15th of February. I included my original birth certificate and passport in the application. I thought I'd have the passport and birth cert returned within a couple of wks but they never arrived so I sent them an email stating i needed them returned asap as I have travel arrangements shortly.

I got an email from them stating they never received either of these documents and if they had received these they would have them returned immediately and my application would not have been processed. I'm really beginning to worry now about the missing passport as il probably have to reapply for the IEC again if it is not returned and not too mention forking out another 90 euro on new passport and the fee for IEC (If i get it!!!)

Does anybody know of a phone number I can call for the IEC offices in London??. Im so frustrated with trying to deal with this incompetent bunch as they just dont seem to give a crap about all of this:mad::mad::mad: Just wondering has anyone else had a similar nightmare situation dealing with the IEC???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

boyler1986 wrote: »
    I applied for the IEC and sent away all required documents on the 29th of December and received the Letter of Introduction on the 15th of February. I included my original birth certificate and passport in the application. I thought I'd have the passport and birth cert returned within a couple of wks but they never arrived so I sent them an email stating i needed them returned asap as I have travel arrangements shortly.

I got an email from them stating they never received either of these documents and if they had received these they would have them returned immediately and my application would not have been processed. I'm really beginning to worry now about the missing passport as il probably have to reapply for the IEC again if it is not returned and not too mention forking out another 90 euro on new passport and the fee for IEC (If i get it!!!)

Does anybody know of a phone number I can call for the IEC offices in London??. Im so frustrated with trying to deal with this incompetent bunch as they just dont seem to give a crap about all of this:mad::mad::mad: Just wondering has anyone else had a similar nightmare situation dealing with the IEC???

Why? Why would you do that?

Not trying to troll, but that's an absolutely staggering thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Its just a copy of your passport they need not the actual passport?? This should make your application invalid so they should just return the whole application to you along with passport, birth cert and police cert.

Hers there email:
    ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

and phone number for embassy

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Wow.....WOW!!! Did you actually do that?? Not a photocopy, but the original? Im lost for words

"Im so frustrated with trying to deal with this incompetent bunch...."
    Oh the irony!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

Come off it lads. It's stressful enough for everyone without the patronising remarks. It's not like the IEC is the handiest thing for any of us to deal with especially since there's not even a human to correspond with at the other end of the telephone with any queries one might have and when 9 times out of 10 they wont even respond to your emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

The reason it's so complicated is because people don't follow the simple instructions. If you do it's easy. Sending off original documents is staggering and I'm guessing OP is a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    The reason it's so complicated is because people don't follow the simple instructions. If you do it's easy. Sending off original documents is staggering and I'm guessing OP is a troll.

thinking this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Why the feck did ya send off your birth cert, they don't even ask for a copy of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

jd83 wrote: »
    Its just a copy of your passport they need not the actual passport?? This should make your application invalid so they should just return the whole application to you along with passport, birth cert and police cert.

Hers there email:
    ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

and phone number for embassy

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

That phone number is useless. I've tried ringing them several times but all you get is a recorded voice with no option to speak to a real person. They also don't respond to any e-mails sent to them.

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Yeah, sending off an original passport is not the wisest things to do. The IEC are however, the most incompetent bunch of fools you could ever deal with. I got a payment request to pay my IEC fee in mid February. I am currently on my first IEC visa. I paid it two weeks in advance of the due date by wire transfer. I included the WTN number in the reference field and did everything they asked for. Got rejected a few days after the due date for non-payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coso1122

Has anyone got accepted and made their payment as I'm in a lot of trouble here made the bank transfer and it wasn't received double checked everything rang my bank and they said the aib a/c number the iec gave is an invalid bank account number if any one has it off hand, it would be much appreciated. applying for a second year so anyone thinking of applying it's worth the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

My girlfriend got to the payment stage and transfered everything as directed but there was a mix up with AIB and the reference she included didnt appear in the Candian account and without warning she got a mail saying that the application was rejected on grounds of non payment (no warning or anything). I got onto my AIB bank (as we sent the payment from my account as I am an AIB customer and she wasnt) and after a few weeks of investigation on their side they told me that there was a mix up and took full responsibilty and subsequently refunded our money. They informed that this happened with a few reference on that particular day but the problem was fixed.

She has reapplied again and recently got confirmation that her application has been received so we are back at that stage again. We aren't intending to head over to July but hopefully no complications this time.

cmac8 wrote: »
    My girlfriend got to the payment stage and transfered everything as directed but there was a mix up with AIB and the reference she included didnt appear in the Candian account and without warning she got a mail saying that the application was rejected on grounds of non payment (no warning or anything). I got onto my AIB bank (as we sent the payment from my account as I am an AIB customer and she wasnt) and after a few weeks of investigation on their side they told me that there was a mix up and took full responsibilty and subsequently refunded our money. They informed that this happened with a few reference on that particular day but the problem was fixed.

She has reapplied again and recently got confirmation that her application has been received so we are back at that stage again. We aren't intending to head over to July but hopefully no complications this time.

What date did you make the payment? I made mine on the 25th of January via a wire transfer from my Canadian bank to the AIB bank the IEC requested me to make the payment into. Like you I got rejected for non-payment because the IEC fools couldn't match my payment to my reference number. I included all the relevant info and WTN in the reference field and sent them a screenshot proving I paid. Have not got my money back, so do I ring AIB? Now I know why I have always tried to avoid AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

cmac8 wrote: »

I dont understand:confused::confused:?? How could they reject your gf if they made the mistake and found they payment. They make her reapply?? That seems staggering to be honest. Surely she should have been passed on to the next phase. Worrying like crazy myself now that our payment has gone through as did the same as you did.

Advertisement