Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This dress for a wedding?

• 12-03-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Going to a wedding in May and want to get something really cute, Im worried about getting a dress in a shop as Im from Galway, most of the guests will be from Galway and the wedding is in Galway- really dont want to be wearing the same dress as someone else- disaster! Ive found this website and think this dress is super cute in burgandy. http://www.dressesonlinesale.co.uk/black-stylish-strapless-a-line-dress.html
    Im blonde and wondering about my hair colour with the colour of the dress? Im about size bigger than the girl in the picture, Im a size 8. Opinions? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

The dress is lovely but could be mistaken for a bridesmaid dress - maybe just check what colour they are wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭puffin24

Thanks! Was worried that it might look a little formal, I tend to wear "classic" dresses like this when I go out, so wasnt sure if it would be ok for a wedding. The bridesmaids are wearing bluey green, so wanted to go as far away from that as I could. Its a May wedding, so my other concern is if the burgandy colour is too wintery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I think its just a tad "bridesmaidy", cute though. I like this one that came up on the right of the screen if you still want to keep the burgundy colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

anniehoo wrote: »
    I think its just a tad "bridesmaidy", cute though. I like this one that came up on the right of the screen if you still want to keep the burgundy colour.

That one is gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

That dress is lovely. the royal blue would be gorgeous with your blonde hair. Its very similar to a 'duchess' dress that coast stocked a few years ago. maybe just accessorise it a bit more than a bridesmaid would so it wouldnt look so bridesmaidy.

• Advertisement

Some lovely dresses on that site, i think i might order 2 for myself for a couple of weddings coming up. :D Sorry to hijack the thread but what do you think of this dress? Its actually a more yellow i think than that pale buttercup. With gold accessories? Horrible shoes on that model.

colorch091003daffodil11.jpg

anniehoo wrote: »
    Some lovely dresses on that site, i think i might order 2 for myself for a couple of weddings coming up. :D Sorry to hijack the thread but what do you think of this dress? Its actually a more yellow i think than that pale buttercup. With gold accessories? Horrible shoes on that model.

<PIC SNIPPED>

dress is gorgeous, shoes are so bad!

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    dress is gorgeous, shoes are so bad!
    Shoes are dire arent they. Ive 2 weddings the same weekend and this style is lovely. I might get the daffodil coloured one and the fuschia coloured one. Both would look nice with a skinny gold belt and a gold clutch. €140 for 2 dresses which is not bad. My budget is €200 for everything so thanks OP for posting this site ;)

No problem :) That dress is lovely, but yea, bad shoes. Its a great website, I think Ill have another look around it for something less bridesmaidy. I shall re-post when I find something cute!

• Advertisement

Or this one in burgandy? My hair is the same colour as the girl in the photo, also will have similar curls :)http://www.dressesonlinesale.co.uk/purple-lovely-sweetheart-a-line-dress.html

Oooh thats fab...how'd i miss that one. Yeh thats gorgeous. Arrrghhh i now want that one too :D They will make it in any of their colour palette shades not just whats marked.

edit: i mean the one shouldered one, not as keen on the strapless.

Ya I think I shall order the one in purple. Think it looks comfy too. Cant be hanging about all day in a tight dress, plus I always have a problem with strapless, constantly pulling them up! Damn my small boobies! :D

:(Hmmm am really concerned after checking out their facebook page Seems to be A LOT more negative comments than positive. Feck it anyway!

Eep! I googled them before I looked and found one or two bad reviews but mostly good. Didnt look at their facebook. Thats not great! :(

pity, they had such a great selection of dress :( and at decent prices. suppose it was too good to be true!

Are you going to chance it? Im really really tempted, but if i spend money on buying from them and they're delayed etc i literally cant afford to buy again from somewhere else. Theres just too many negative comments on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

From reading through the comments on their facebook page it looks like they're in China and just using a UK web address! They wouldn't provide a contact phone number, just a yahoo email address. Plus the wording of their comments isn't great. I suppose if you have lots of time to spare you could go for it, but be careful! It seems that a lot of people have been able to get refunds through paypal, so that might be some help.

I dont think I will chance it, just in case the dress that arrives (if it arrives) isnt the one I wanted, and then there will be no time to get another one. I found another site modcloth.com that do lovely dresses, good reviews (zooey deschanel- if thats how you spell it!- buys from them) The adorability of this one! http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/cause-quite-a-sterling-dress

• Advertisement

So purdy! I love the way that site lets people post photos of them wearing the dress, you get a much better idea of how it will look when its not on a weeny model!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Curiosity well you know what that did

I ordered a dress on this site, was very bad quality is being returned. My advice for what its worth is dont go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

so many nice dressed but so many sleevless short dresses :< I'm a fussy princess ha :pac:
    Really pretty designs on the Mod clothing site IF that is your style its way better to go with a dressy cute dress than just a dressy one if you usually wear that kind of clothing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Wouldn't go near them after looking at the bad customer service (no phone contact!!) .....Pity, some of the dresses looked fab.

CUSTOMER : Please could you urgently provide a telephone number so that I can speak directly with your Customer Services Department as I have not had any response via 'Live Chat' or via e-mail. I urgently need an update on the status of my order.

E-Dresses Sorry we haven’t the phone number and can’t give it to you. You can give an email to this address: weddingcustomerservice@yahoo.com. I’m very sorry for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. And you can give us your Order NO. or your email address. We will contact you ASAP.

Advertisement