Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTK "fix"

Options
  • 12-03-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779878764191/
    Starting tomorrow (March 13th), you can re-download a new, patched version of Battlefield 3™: Back to Karkand on PS3. This will fix the weapon animation bug that some of you have experienced. This download is free of charge if you have already bought Back to Karkand. Note that changes made on our back end will make this re-download mandatory in the near future. If you buy Back to Karkand for the first time after tomorrow, no additional action is necessary.

Good to hear the bug will be fixed (where BTK weapons would be above your head in BTK maps), but really, can they not just patch it instead of forcing us to download the whole thing again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779878764191/
    Starting tomorrow (March 13th), you can re-download a new, patched version of Battlefield 3™: Back to Karkand on PS3. This will fix the weapon animation bug that some of you have experienced. This download is free of charge if you have already bought Back to Karkand. Note that changes made on our back end will make this re-download mandatory in the near future. If you buy Back to Karkand for the first time after tomorrow, no additional action is necessary.

Good to hear the bug will be fixed (where BTK weapons would be above your head in BTK maps), but really, can they not just patch it instead of forcing us to download the whole thing again?

But they have patched it. Every platform will have to download patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Seems pretty stupid/lazy alright, that was a big ass download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

red dave wrote: »

No, we'll have to download the entire Karkand pack (with the fix included) instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

red dave wrote: »

No, we'll have to download the entire Karkand pack (with the fix included) instead.

Ah right, sorry for my lazy reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Seems a bit ridiculous - I don't intend to re-download it as it didn't really effect my gameplay, but I presume I can still play BTK maps without doing so. So why can I play with others who have a patched version of the content different to mine - if I had a way of modifying my content could I still connect to BTK maps, i.e. is there a check missing somewhere, potential for mods/glitches?

• Advertisement
Advertisement