Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored in Knocklyon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jayesam

Just wondering how ur gettin on and if uv found anything to do?? god i couldnt beleive sum of the comments :eek: i found this cause i was actually wonderimg same as u.... iv bn living up here 6yrs...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

What, you're living in Knocklyon 6 years and you can't find anything to do?

No theres plenty to do - Just obviously not what would suit me....

And to c if anything new has started up that i didnt know about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Hey jayesam, No I havent found anything really to do in Knocklyon, you really do have to go to neighbouring places, theres not even a playground for the kids in any of the numerous fields ( and its a good walk over to Tymon Park) it really is a badly thought out place...we had new people looking at next door but they decided against it as they felt it was too rural they took a house in Bray instead.

The only thing I have found is that I have taken quite a few walks around the place, you see lots of others walking but no one stops but all polite and say hi, there is a nice park up at Scholars pub but no playground and again not in Knocklyon but its a nice walk on a sunny day.

Our lease in up early next year so we will be moving on as I do think its a bit to rural also especially with no car and no amenities apart from the over priced superquinn, its a shame as I know its a nice area, full of houses but nothing much else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

edellc, I know this thread is a bit old and your lease is up soon, but just to say, if you haven't been to the Victory Centre yet, then you should go. Loads of mammies & babies/toddlers meet there. Not at all pushy, never got approached by anyone there & have been about 15 times I'd say. I only found out it was a religious centre a few weeks after I started going. There's a toddler play area in the corner & I think there's a free playgroup on a Friday morning from 10 to 1 or something like that. It's so plush there, really nice - lovely seating, massive room & a starbucks cafe.

My little one is 14 months & I don't work Fridays. Up until now I was going to Claphandies in Terenure on a Friday, but after Christmas I am just going to go to toddler groups, as organised classes really eat into my money & my little one is happy just playing with other kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 what2013

Hey folks,

I have also lived in ballyboden/knocklyon my whole life and there is pleanty to do. I have just moved from living in dundrum for a couple of years in an apt. i just paid 10K to get rid of the apt and come rent a house for a few years thats how much this area is great, and yea there is loads to do i couldnt wait to get back to having a parking spot and space for my 3 year old to run around and not be banging his head off a window. give it a few months and u will be so glad. my friend get active and walk a good bit to the nearest park or buy a cheap car... no your not in the city now but its so much better, you dont know how lucky u are...love knocklyon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 what2013

Girls all you have to do is say....will we start something...ideas at the ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I never knew there were so many bored housewives in Knocklyon....
    tumblr_m15lqlZQRh1qd1kfjo1_400.png

Advertisement