Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp - unable to do directory listing

Options
  • 12-03-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'm using Filezilla to access several different ftp accounts provided by a variety of different providers. I have one ftp account provided by eircom and it's the only one where I can't do a directory listing. I can log in successfully but can't do an -ls or a dir.
    I've tried using ftp.exe and I've even added Filezilla to my McAffee firewall and a friend tried accessing from their home broadband as I thought it was my vodafone ISP that could have been the problem.
    But nothing has worked.

Is there anything else I can try. Contacting eircom is going to be tricky so I'm leaving that until I've run out of other options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

You could try connecting with passive mode ftp, your client should support this, or if you are using active mode then your firewall will have to allow ftp ports 20/21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

noclee wrote: »
    You could try connecting with passive mode ftp, your client should support this, or if you are using active mode then your firewall will have to allow ftp ports 20/21.

tried all those options already, txs though!
    It doesn't appear to be only happening to me. I think it must be an eircom thing.

Advertisement