Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City return policy.

Options
  • 12-03-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello
    I had bought TV Plasma last Saturday. The TV is great but the panel reflecting the light so much that im not able to watch it at day time. Can I return it or exchange it for different make or model?. It in new condition with all stickers etc. I have everything that i got from the store. I know that Under current legislation a consumer is entitled to return a product to a vendor if for example product is not suitable for the purpose for which it was sold (as opposed to the purpose for which it was purchased)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

this would be a change of mind return, its totally up to the retailer wheather they take it back. Call them an see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What light is it reflecting? It is sunlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 majki0ne

dudara wrote: »
    What light is it reflecting? It is sunlight?

Daylight or light from lamp, when it`s bright in my room the panel work like mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just because it doesnt work to your liking in every lighting condition isnt enough to warrant returning it, the TV isnt faulty in any way. At best you could call it a design flaw by the manufacturer.
    your best bet is to go back them and explain the situation, and see will they allow you to exchange it for a different one, but they don't even have any legal obligation to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Draw the curtains, and perhaps change position of lamp.

Modern flat-screen TVs are often big sheets of glass, so you may face this problem with many different models.

There's no harm in asking the store if they will allow you to exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

its a plasma of course theres going to be a glare off the screen,always has been a drawback,alot of lcd's/leds have a plastic screen which reduces the glare

skinny90 wrote: »
    its a plasma of course theres going to be a glare off the screen,always has been a drawback,alot of lcd's/leds have a plastic screen which reduces the glare
    Yep plasma i must say the picture by itself is perfect. I had chosen this one as it has small input lag as i play games often. I didn`t think that the glare off is so big i`ll try to change positioning of tv as now it facing window that may do the job. I have second one LCD in living room which is for tv so maybe there will be no damage. Currently that is the only defect i find in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

the colour is also far better,what brand is it?

Samsung PS51D550 with 3d. Will be used by my for gaming and movies. Colous are great not so bright like LED in newest Samsung but very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Unlikely a retailer will take back a fully opened item especially of that price. You can try, stranger things have happened. But it's not an issue with the telly, if you can: move it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

A number of years ago my father-in-law bought a fairly large t.v. from Power City.
    Got it home and after it was set up he realized there was no phono socket (something he really needed as he used to sit up late at night with earphones so as not to wake the rest of the family, him being a tad deaf).

We went back to powercity and explained the situation, and if I remember correctly they let him exchange the t.v. for another model if he paid a 10% "repackaging fee".

It was roughly 5 years ago, so that policy may have changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

Plascebo wrote: »
    A number of years ago my father-in-law bought a fairly large t.v. from Power City.
    Got it home and after it was set up he realized there was no phono socket (something he really needed as he used to sit up late at night with earphones so as not to wake the rest of the family, him being a tad deaf).

We went back to powercity and explained the situation, and if I remember correctly they let him exchange the t.v. for another model if he paid a 10% "repackaging fee".

It was roughly 5 years ago, so that policy may have changed since.

Indeed it has. The repackaging fee is now 25%!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement