Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography essays MEGATHREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Also say if you doing thequestion How plant and animals adapt to soil and climate. Could your headings be Plant Adaptions, Animal Adapations and then Climate/soil

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

They also had examine two landforms for a 30 mark question . I'd have thought it'd be too long to write about the two. The regional samples were terrible. I started to think earlier maybe they're questions which are set to appear in the future. I remember last years was kind of similar to the sample with the isostatic processes question.

there's this geo sample essay book I have that was printed in 2007 "shortcuts to success - Geo". I don't use it cos' it's a load of ****e but the essays in it answer everything in the sample papers and 2006 papers.
    Again, they wouldn't of known really what would come up in the following years so the questions are really hard :s
    They have that question answering the 2 Irish landforms and in it you just write about waterfalls and meander, both are very short though.

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Also say if you doing thequestion How plant and animals adapt to soil and climate. Could your headings be Plant Adaptions, Animal Adapations and then Climate/soil

Spot on. Do climates and soils for plants, then climates and soils for Animals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Spot on. Do climates and soils for plants, then climates and soils for Animals :)

Thanks Astro but i meant that my headings would be
    • Plant adaptions to soil and climate
    • Animal Adaptaions to soil and Climate
    • Climate/Soil of the Biome (Same as Characteristics)
    I not really sure how to split up the plant and animal adaptions. Would i be better just to do 2 headings or just to do one big long essay without any heading? Thanks again for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

For anyone doing geocology and not sure exactly what to do, just do:

Characteristics of biome/Climate influence biome/Plant and animal adaptations
    Those 3 are all the same and you can learn one essay amd rework it to fit one of them.

AND

Human activities on biome

Learn them 2 essays, and you'll be grand, trust me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 aoife..x

treely wrote: »
    For anyone doing geocology and not sure exactly what to do, just do:

Characteristics of biome/Climate influence biome/Plant and animal adaptations
    Those 3 are all the same and you can learn one essay amd rework it to fit one of them.

AND

Human activities on biome

Learn them 2 essays, and you'll be grand, trust me.
    would you reccommend looking at any soil questions or do u think something on the biome will definately come up? i hate the soil questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

aoife..x wrote: »
    would you reccommend looking at any soil questions or do u think something on the biome will definately come up? i hate the soil questions!!

80 marks is a lot to lose if no biome questions come up. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I thought a biome HAS to come up? Thought it was either biome OR soils you choose to learn D:?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What do you reckon will be up for the human section?

A biome has come up every year since the new course started, sometimes two. It seems to be going in a pattern, and we are due to get two soils and a biome question. There would be uproar if a biome didnt come up.

But, if you dont want to take any chances whatsoever(its not even that much of a risk), I'd recommend looking over human activities on soils. Its quite easy, and a human activity has always come up.

So if you were feeling really brave, you could do human activities on biomes and on soils. You'll most likely get one of the two, maybe even both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

there was a thread a while back where someone hadnt done any geography study and they broke the course down to about 20 questions .does anyone know where that is...or is there anyone who wants to break the course down for me?ha :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Where are all you guys in terms of what you have to learn off??
    Ive still most of human elective to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Hayezer wrote: »
    I thought a biome HAS to come up? Thought it was either biome OR soils you choose to learn D:?

In the geoecology section, there's 3 questions, 2 will be soils and the other a biome, or vice versa :)

Also the rock cycle,earthquake/volcano prediction and the CFP are tipped to come up as parts of long questions this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

the whole course

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aoife..x

basically everything... i have a landform learned off cus that comes up every year!! doing geoecology atm!! everything else will be crammed in on thursday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

In the geoecology section, there's 3 questions, 2 will be soils and the other a biome, or vice versa :)

Also the rock cycle,earthquake/volcano prediction and the CFP are tipped to come up as parts of long questions this year

Sorry, but whats the CFP?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

aoife..x wrote: »
    basically everything... i have a landform learned off cus that comes up every year!! doing geoecology atm!! everything else will be crammed in on thursday night!!
    Twill be grand!

CFP is the commone fisheries policy!

Jaysus Im doing geo-ecology now, about 4 essays to learn off-ish.
    Then only 3 small ones to cram during the week (learned everything off for this flipping subject)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

CFP is the commone fisheries policy!

Jaysus Im doing geo-ecology now, about 4 essays to learn off-ish.
    Then only 3 small ones to cram during the week (learned everything off for this flipping subject)

Thanks, I never done that at all :/ I think I'll be alright, I have enough learned off.

I've nearly 2 geo ecology learned off, another one, hopefully two before Friday. I want to do a bit on Elective too.

I also have so much english. I don't know how I'm gonna find the time, I thought I was doing really well :/

After this week the rest will be a walk in the park :P

I have all of human still to learn off, and my biome questions:(

• Advertisement

Quick question regarding our mother of divine knowledge Sue Honan;

If we copy the essays straight from the book, word for word... does that count as plagiarism, and will it be brought up on if found out? Probably a silly question but it's been at the back of my head all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I really hope a question on immigration/emigration comes up.
    Population distribution and settlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Quick question regarding our mother of divine knowledge Sue Honan;

If we copy the essays straight from the book, word for word... does that count as plagiarism, and will it be brought up on if found out? Probably a silly question but it's been at the back of my head all day!

No it won't, don't worry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Heyy, just thought I'd say that the guy who does predictions on YouTube has one up for geography, even if it helps a little :P

Is the answer for Urban Sprawl the same as an answer on Urban Growth?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boom boom boom

Heyy, just thought I'd say that the guy who does predictions on YouTube has one up for geography, even if it helps a little :P
    Link?

Is the answer for Urban Sprawl the same as an answer on Urban Growth?

yup

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I'm pretty sure this is it, linked it off my phone ha :L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_TzRjYGxY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement

Just a few questions:

In my mock, it had a question saying: "examine the processes which have shaped one Irish landform of your choice". Is that waterfall? Because I did the Burren, and still got full marks:confused:

Also, how would you answer "describe the factors that hindered the development of a European peripheral region". Would that just be write everything you know about the Mezzogiorno?

Advertisement