Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book websites/database???

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭

is there a website equivalent for books like there is IMDB for movies? Or something close where you can browse books you like/might like etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 de Faoite_girl

Have you checked out goodreads.com by any chance? Not too sure that's what you're looking for i find it good for discovering new books and reading reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭sporina

Have you checked out goodreads.com by any chance? Not too sure that's what you're looking for i find it good for discovering new books and reading reviews...

have a look here
    i started that thread a while ago…

thanks for that.. this is good from what i can see so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

A great website is librarything.com. You can create your online library of books you have read. You can get recommendations and you can see a list of members that you have been matched with, based on similarities between your book collection. You can then get ideas from their library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Shelfari might be what you're looking for. It uses the Amazon recommendation engine, alongside community recommendations.

• Advertisement

thanks i will check out the last two as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Literature Online is great for poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Goodreads is great. There's also http://www.worldcat.org/ -- it lists every book ever published.

Advertisement