Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mind... My Body!

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Current measurements

Height: 183cm, 6 foot
    Weight: 82kg, 180lbs (us)

Neck: 42cm, 16.5inches
    Shoulders 126cm, 49.5inches
    Chest: 106cm, 42inches
    Arms: 38cm, 15inches
    Waist: 77cm, 30inches
    Hips: 96cm, 38inches
    Thigh 57cm, 22.5inches
    Calf 37cm, 14.5inches

Shoe: 10

Body fat: 5-10%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Colm Moran

I hit the gym with my friends when I turned 16 to put on weight because I was unhappy with how thin I was. I played a lot of sport as a kid, swimming, soccer, football, athletics etc. but I always felt thin, basically because my father and younger brother are naturally MASSIVE!! My younger bro at 18 was 6’2’’ and approx. 100kg (220lbs) without lifting a single weight! And trust me there wasn’t that much fat on him. I, the older brother, felt weak and uncomfortable in my body because of him. So I picked up them ****ing weights and did something about it!

The main reason for my passion for bodybuilding or fitness is my obsession with personal growth. Continuously seeing my body develop and get stronger is a huge self-esteem booster for me and the lowest points in my life have been when all that hard work has been taken away by illness. We all know it is great for stress relief and it helps a whole lot with sport, which is great, but for me it is so much more than that. It is a continues endeavour to better oneself. I am not competing against you or him or her, I can competing against myself, pushing myself, testing myself to see what I, am made of!

Studying: Physiotherapy

Sporting history:
    Played football hurling, soccer, swimming etc when in was young.
    I went on to focus on football and track and field in secondary school, that then changed to rugby in my final years in school.
    I played a small bit of rugby after that but eventually went back to playing football.
    Throughout my years in secondary school I would workout a lot by myself almost as a meditative thing, not necessarily for sport. I found the gym and a set of dumbbells at 16 and have been hooked since.

I'm currently playing senior club football.

This is an entry into an older log I so I just copied it in there to give you an idea of some of my training regimens
    Training
    May 5, 2011
    , 5:06AM

At the moment i am doing 3-4 sessions a week in the gym lifting heavy and 2-3 sessions a week on the field at football training which is always intense cardio and 1 more cardio sessions myself.

I was previously doing isolated training at the gym. Day 1: Chest back, Day 2: Legs Day 3: shoulders and arms. However the leg day basically rendered me immobile if i had any football training in the next couple of days so i had to change it up.

Now im doing full body session ever day. Its basically doin as follows: Starting with a compound exercise and moving down to issolated exercises. what i decide to go on the day is based on what i did the last day, how my muscles are feeling and my football training schedual. For example i will never do the same exercises on two consecutive days and i will avoid heavy leg workouts if i have a match in the coming days.

An example:
    Day 1: Cleans 4x8 (75kg),

Shoulder press 3x8 (50kg),

Dumbbell press 3x8 (37.5kg) (SS with) Dumbbell row 3x8 (46kg),

Bicep curls, Tricep pulldowns.

Finish up with core (hanging leg extensions).

Normally would work hamstrings and quads on a machine but i had training the following day.

Day 2: On field Training, heavy intense cardio.

GYM: Incline shoulder press 3x8 (35kg),

Lat pulldown 3x8 (175lbs) {change between close grip and wide grip every few weeks} (SS) machine barbell rows 3x6 (30kg),

Front Lat Pos dumbell raises (Delts) 3x8 (12, 10kg),

Hammer curls 3x8 (20kg) Core

Day 3: Deadlift, Leg press, Dips (SS) Shrugs, 21s (SS) Skull crushes (SS) Close grip press Core Day 4: At home Workout with boxing bag Core work and Body weight exercises.

On a rest day ill normally do light cardio, pool session or kick around

I will swap in and out between daelift, squat, cleans etc. At the moment im finding that deep squats 3x8 (110kg) may be stiffening my hips (tendonosis in my quad/bursa)which isnt helping with football training. Stretching helps. Might do a different form of squat or not go as low.[/QUOTE

I work off a 4 day split

Day 1 Bench

Warm up with bar,
    Bench 3 sets of power lifting. So i will do something like 70% 1RM x 3, 80% 1RM x 3, 90% 1RM for as many the first two are a build up to the last set where I try set a new PB.

Bench 5 sets 10 reps. Striping. strict 60-90 sec rest.

Wide Grip Pull Ups supersetted with Dips
    3x10-15

Decline Dumbell Flys into Press 3x10 (I do as many flys as possible then squeeze out some presses)

Dumbell Curls 3x10 (On 45degree bench)

Day 2: Deadlift

Warm up with bar and light weight,
    Deadlift 3 sets of power lifting. So i will do something like 70% 1RM x 3, 80% 1RM x 3, 90% 1RM for as many the first two are a build up to the last set where I try set a new PB.

Deadlift 5 sets 10 reps. Striping. strict 60-90 sec rest.

Glute Ham Raises 3x10-15

Pullovers 2x10 (on flat bench to tire out lats for next exercise)

Narrow Grip Pull Ups 3x10

EZ bar curls 3x10 with pronated (palms down) grip. this focuses on the forearms and helps improve rip strength

Day 3: Military Press

Warm up with bar,
    Military press 3 sets of power lifting. So i will do something like 70% 1RM x 3, 80% 1RM x 3, 90% 1RM for as many the first two are a build up to the last set where I try set a new PB.

Military Press 5 sets 10 reps. Striping. strict 60-90 sec rest.

Shrugs supersetted with Rear Delt Raises 3x10 (NB focusing on the rear delts and TRAPS)

Raises 3x10 (in scapular plane, in between lat and front raises)

Barbell Curls 3x10 or Tricep pulldowns 3x10

Day 4: Squat

Warm up with bar and light weight,
    Squat 3 sets of power lifting. So i will do something like 70% 1RM x 3, 80% 1RM x 3, 90% 1RM for as many the first two are a build up to the last set where I try set a new PB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm moving this to fitness logs, it feels appropriate. Good luck

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement