Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs 250m fault

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They were OK. They were relatively short lived though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have a lot of 250's in. Very little trouble with them and they were always great to work on. I still put the odd one in today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They didn't get the same success in life as the 350 or the CD range though.;)
    Hopefully I will see some good things from them next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

Thanks everyone, we've reduced the volume as a basic initial test as trying to open it a couple of hours ago set the alarm off. Let's hope this works!

In honesty it isn't used as much as shooud be as we're here all the time, so can anyone tell me about batteries and what we should do/test/ replace?
    As far as I know it's connected to the mains?

Well it's hard to compare to the 350, probably the best and most reliable panel there was.

• Advertisement

There is a back up battery in the main control panel, It is easily replaced.
    The battery you require is 12 volt dc rechargeable 7amp .
    Bring the existing one with you if your going shopping for a new one.
    There are some suppliers listed in the sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

God dang :( It just clicked again :(

I'd try disconnecting the speaker if your comfortable doing that.

Is the LCD display blinking when it makes that noise?

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd try disconnecting the speaker if your comfortable doing that.

You'll lose the exit/entry buzzer if you do. Could cause confusion while setting/unsetting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Is there a fault light showing on the keypad? Orange light? .
    Switch off the mains and open the main panel housing ( not the keypad)
    Remove battery and replace with a new 12v 7amp battey . The alarm will sound when the panel housing is opened. Enter your code to turn off and replace panel housing . Turn mains back on . When the mains is disconnected and the battery removed the external bell will sound until the new battery is installed or the mains switched back on

We cannot open as we don't have the engineer code although I have someone quite comfortable with remving it if they could open.

Display not blinking, no.

I got the impression there may be more than one keypad.
    D rog wrote: »

We have a 5 year old CS250 Panel in one room which was intermittantly rattling for about the last 3 weeks..

Could be wrong. may D Rog will clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

God dang :( It just clicked again :(

You could try down powering the system (mains and battery) then power it back up again to see if this clears the fault. If not you are either looking at taking the speaker out of the keypad or getting it replaced. I note that it is in a room so there is one in the hall too I presume.

We cannot open as we don't have the engineer code although I have someone quite comfortable with remving it if they could open.

You can still open it. The alarm will activate but you can turn it off with your user code.

When you open the keypad the alarm will activate, simply entering your user code should silence the alarm.

Any orange light on the keypad? You can open it without the engineer code and just turn the alarm off with the user code. :)

Hahaha were all egar to solve this ^^^^

Hi,

Yes, there is more than one. The one in the hall is fine or not noticed, can't be sure.

However, this beast is in our bedroom which is why it's so annoying. It clicked all last night :( Our kids don't even annoy us all night like this :)

Hi,

Yes, there is more than one. The one in the hall is fine or not noticed, can't be sure.

However, this beast is in our bedroom which is why it's so annoying. It clicked all last night :( Our kids don't even annoy us all night like this :)

Ha, well then removing the speaker may solve the issue :D

• Advertisement

Does it only happen when its lit up? How long has it been going on for?

About 3 weeks with ramp up last day or so :(.
    Only clicked once since I lowered vol though.

About 3 weeks with ramp up last day or so :(.
    Only clicked once since I lowered vol though.

If it clicked then the issue is still there. Break off the speaker carefully.
    Two connections underneath it. Black round pot as you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 t m

Hi can someone please advise on the following,
    Alarm system Aritech cs 250
    Yesterday I had to turn off the main fuse on the power supply to the house.
    When I turned the fuse back on again I went to the alarm panel to clear the mains fault light.
    I cleared it but when I exited it the fault remained and the alarm is now working on the back up battery.
    I checked the fuse on the fuse board for the alarm and it is working.
    I was wondering is there another fuse in the brain box for the alarm where the battery is ? and if so is it easy to replace or has anyone any ideas as to what could be wrong
    Thanks in advance for any advice

Double check that the panel is getting no mains power. If you disconnect the battery does the system not power up on the mains?
    The mains fuse is beside the power supply in the panel.
    Is there an external fused spur is that getting power.
    If all the above is good check the lead from the power supply to the main PCB.
    Only check all the above if you are comfortable opening the panel with the mains on.
    If not get a professional out to diagnose this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 t m

KoolKid wrote: »
    Double check that the panel is getting no mains power. If you disconnect the battery does the system not power up on the mains?
    The mains fuse is beside the power supply in the panel.
    Is there an external fused spur is that getting power.
    If all the above is good check the lead from the power supply to the main PCB.
    Only check all the above if you are comfortable opening the panel with the mains on.
    If not get a professional out to diagnose this for you.

Thanks, system working again I replaced the 2 amp fuse beside the power supply in the panel.

Good man, glad it was something handy.

Advertisement