Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have the balls for it ?

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

This is it.
    This is when we find out if we have a really good manager or not.
    3 defeats on the bounce, our biggest rivals arsenal on a massive high, and our next nearest rivals Chelsea with a seemingly new lease of life.
    Both Arsenal and Chelsea have been very poor this season in comparison to the last few, and if we don't finish ahead of them now, will we ever ?

Does Harry have it or not ?
    There can be no excuses for me. None of this players are injured crap or we are missing so and so, because everyone can say that. Harry needs to stand up and be counted, and he needs to get his team to do the same. Get Younes defending like he was for large parts of the season. Get Modric running games like he did so much up to recently. Get Bale to snap out of it, and start producing the goods again like we know he can. And get Adebayor to start playing like he actually gives a fcuk. Harry, it's over to you.

A nice distraction this week against Bolton, where we have a great chance to win such a wonderful cup if we play to our potential. An FA Cup would be great for our club.

Stoke home, Chelsea away, Swansea home & Sunderland away, these are the 4 league games that in my opinion will decide our faith in the 'race for 3rd'.

Let's see what our manager and lads are made of.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

The next set of league fixtures is huge,
    Spurs v Stoke
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man City v Chelsea
    All play next wednesday 21st march,i hoping we win,Everton get at least a point from the gooners and city beat the ****e outta chelsea.
    We need that 7 point gap between us and chelsea back before we play them.i'm not even thinking about 3rd anymore after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

In Typical Spurs fashion this is not going to be good for the heart. I am praying that for once we have the last laugh and Harry and the lads can show the kind of form from first half of season. I mean these guys have not become bad players all of a sudden, so come on you Lillywhites show us what you have got and lead us to glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

he needs to stop this whole modric on the left bale on the right **** just cois lennon is out. disrupting the whole team cos one player is out is stupid. play the players where they play and if it means only one player is out of position on the right wing thats better than the whole midfield out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Can you imagine how you’d feel if we’d been on top of the table, and let a lead slip like that? We gave them the momentum in the first place by losing 5-2 to them.

Were still a point ahead, but after amassing such a lead it’s disappointing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It like your hot girlfriend has promised you a threesome with her and her even hotter best friend. You look forward to it for weeks and then just as its about to happen it turn out its her, her friend and your best mate instead. And she's enjoying better then she does with you.

All you can do is look on in horror with your c**k in your hand and do **** all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It like your hot girlfriend has promised you a threesome with her and her even hotter best friend. You look forward to it for weeks and then just as its about to happen it turn out its her, her friend and your best mate instead. And she's enjoying better then she does with you.

All you can do is look on in horror with your c**k in your hand and do **** all about it.

You said it perfectly in the other thread. The team more than ever needs a win. 3 defeats in a row hasn't happened at all this season, and a win against Bolton might inspire some confidence. I think we also need a bit of luck. Let's hope things turn around because if we don't put in a good performance against Bolton and don't beat Stoke, we will be in serious danger of not making the top 4 and that would be an absolute disaster.

'Lie, cheat, steal' - we just need a win yeah from somewhere.

This is a real test for HR, lets see what is is made of now.

.. and why the **** doesnt he just come out and say 'I dont want the england job' ... does he honestly think that saying it will stop the FA offering it to him in 6 weeks time anyway?

The FA will probably respect him more for trying to keep the ship steady at WHL instead of him saying nowt but whoring himself for the job every chance he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hatch99 wrote: »
    This is it.
    This is when we find out if we have a really good manager or not.
    3 defeats on the bounce, our biggest rivals arsenal on a massive high, and our next nearest rivals Chelsea with a seemingly new lease of life.
    Both Arsenal and Chelsea have been very poor this season in comparison to the last few, and if we don't finish ahead of them now, will we ever ?

Does Harry have it or not ?
    There can be no excuses for me. None of this players are injured crap or we are missing so and so, because everyone can say that. Harry needs to stand up and be counted, and he needs to get his team to do the same. Get Younes defending like he was for large parts of the season. Get Modric running games like he did so much up to recently. Get Bale to snap out of it, and start producing the goods again like we know he can. And get Adebayor to start playing like he actually gives a fcuk. Harry, it's over to you.

A nice distraction this week against Bolton, where we have a great chance to win such a wonderful cup if we play to our potential. An FA Cup would be great for our club.

Stoke home, Chelsea away, Swansea home & Sunderland away, these are the 4 league games that in my opinion will decide our faith in the 'race for 3rd'.

Let's see what our manager and lads are made of.

COYS

Failed

The 4 games I mentioned.
    Stoke Home - Fail
    Chelsea Away - Pass
    Swansea Home - Pass
    Sunderland Away - Fail

Let's not mention Norwich.

Doesn't look like we have the balls for it afterall.

We need 5 wins from 5 in the remaining games.
    Simple as that.
    We cant afford anything less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

we are still lacking something weather it be that final killer instinct or distraction with the harry n engalnd ****e or just dont have the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

If we win all our games then I'd say we've turned a corner. TBH finishing 4th isn't good enough when we were 13 points clear of that position at 2pm on Feb 22nd. Obvioulsy I'd settle for it now but even if we do secure CL it should not be celebrated.

As far as I'm concerned anything other than 3rd means we lost our balls.

golfball37 wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned anything other than 3rd means we lost our balls.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we are playing for 4th, make no mistake about it

Arsenal will not let a 5 point lead slip

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mickman wrote: »
    we are playing for 4th, make no mistake about it

Arsenal will not let a 5 point lead slip

A few weeks ago many people were saying there's no way we'd lose a 10 point lead :(

A agree though...4th is probably the best we can hope for.

Another fail.

2 wins now, COYS

Today was our chance and we blew it, unbelievable, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Today was our chance and we blew it, unbelievable, gutted.
    Don't be so gloomy,it's not over until next week,we still have one more chance of getting third,and if we get fourth how bad.

tippspur wrote: »
    Don't be so gloomy,it's not over until next week,we still have one more chance of getting third,and if we get fourth how bad.

very bad when your a country mile ahead of Arsenal.

• Advertisement

If we have learned anything from the last few weeks its not to get ahead of ourselves. Yesterday we didnt play and had our best day in weeks, Today we played and everyone is depressed.

I'm going to sit tight and say nothing. 1 game to go and god willing we will be glued to the CL final and there will be some hail Marys said that night.

P.S. anyone know how to say the 'Hail Mary' in german?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

P.S. anyone know how to say the 'Hail Mary' in german?

German Gegrüßet seist du, Maria, voll der Gnade,  der Herr ist mit dir.  Du bist gebenedeit unter den Frauen, und gebenedeit ist die Frucht deines Leibes, Jesus. Heilige Maria,  Mutter Gottes,  bitte für uns Sünder jetzt und in der Stunde  unseres Todes.  Amen 

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

60% possession and 21 shots to their 4 yet we never really troubled Shay Given... Not clinical enough, sums up our season really....

I don't think we bottled per say, we didn't miss glorious chances, we just failed to get lads into key goal scoring positions, called out for JD in fairness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

tippspur wrote: »

It's bad if our London neighbours win a certain European competition in the next few weeks...

We bottled it last week against AV.
    Arsenal got 3rd and deserved it, fair play :mad:

Come on Bayern

Advertisement