Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic Of Telly

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up it was Letterkenny that was shown tonight!

Catch it on RTE player if you missed it

pic of it from facebook

ZxB7b.jpg

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1140147

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

:cool: Classy Letterkenny!

I don't usually watch this...do they go around different towns in the same way, or did they just pick Letterkenny for a slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nah they do a different town every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Shocking, disgraceful, really bad image portrayed here.

There was another thread in the Donegal Forum about the youtube vid "Visit Donegal". Some people thought it showed up the county. It is nothing compared to this tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Never watched it before (or will again), but i'm guessing no town will look good if they sit with a video camera outside a pub at 3am.

*i did laugh at the "do you want to see my ring" and the girl turns around:D

I think if you pick your holiday venue on what you see on Republic Of Telly then you are gonna live a very quiet life.

I've watched this quite a lot and no town has ever come away smelling of roses. As said above put a camera outside of any niteclub in the country and you will find the same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

never watched it and never will, RTE can stoop to low levels sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just like donegal_road I have never watched the show apart from a 2 minute clip one night which nearly put me off my bran flakes :eek:

That type of show doesnt appeal to me but Im sure others love it so each to their own as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

That slot was probably the best part of the whole show LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The show is directed at those with a sense of humour, no one watches it to find out anything informative, its a lighthearted look at all thats ridiculous in society.

You cant simply watch a 2min film clip and then come on and start bitching about how it makes a place look. If you dont watch the programme then dont watch the programme.

I thought it was very funny, just like it was when it came from galway, port laoise, dublin, cork, limerick, athlone, etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was hoping Id see someone I knew :D

IPAM wrote: »

well thankfully they didn't show my truffle shuffle!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    QFT :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If that's from Saturday night I don't remember :p but that's probably a good thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

IPAM wrote: »

I did see someone I knew.

:eek:

As said before, combination of drink and a camera, and you are going to get people acting the ijjet. I actually thought it was a little tame compared to the other locations, and was a little dispointed.

I would be alot more worried about other issues in Letterkenny and Donegal rather than a few having a harmless laugh infront of a camera on a saturday night.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I did see someone I knew.

:eek:.

which one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

which one!?

Nah. I couldn't say, he's already a bit embarised about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

irish-stew wrote: »
    I would be alot more worried about other issues in Letterkenny and Donegal rather than a few having a harmless laugh infront of a camera on a saturday night.

I agree. There is a serious problem in this country whereby people are more concerned with football, drink, celebrity gossip etc rather than the issues of the day. Now don't get me wrong, everyone has pastimes and hobbies and there is nothing wrong with that, but we need to get our priorities right.

Advertisement