Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost car jacked on the N25?

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

So I went on the lash in the city Saturday night and my better half collected me and brought me home, we were heading eastbound between carrigtwohill and Midleton close to 2 am when I felt unwell and asked her to pull in at that "abandoned junction" as I like to call it, for me to throw up.

Just as she did so, and as I was about to open the door, she saw a guy seemingly from nowhere sprint up to the car, holding what she thought was a knife. Just as he got to the boot she floored it, and I could just make him out in the rear lights, so she wasn't making it up.

She was understandably freaked out, but it doesn't add up for me. We only moved to the area last year, but has anyone else heard of this happening at this spot? It was by pure chance we happened to pull in, what's a guy doing out there on his own at that time of night, just waiting to snatch a car?

I don't get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

So did you get sick in her car?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

I was out that direction late at night before xmas and there was a fella walking down the middle of the road balls naked clearly out of it, and wouldnt get out of the way and giving the finger etc. Probably the same numpty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Its rude to stop for someone then speed off laughing,
    Poor guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

So did you get sick in her car?

No thankfully (and it's my car) but to add to it, when she was walking to the flat I was drinking in she saw a guy outside the Phoenix face down in a pool of his own blood, for all intents and purposes, dead. A towel had been placed over his head.

'twas the night for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

You can walk drive through any town in Ireland,
    But you run speed through Carrigtwohill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Are you on about the junction which was to be the main gates to Amgen?

If so,a few months back I was driving towards Cork City from Midleton and just at the two abandoned houses opposite this entrance(the ones covered in graffiti) at around 12 at night,I spotted some lunatic looking out the window of one of the houses.It was pitch black and all the windows smashed in the houses.

Pity the poor fcuker that broke down near there that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Yeah it could have been this scumbag guy from Midleton, Dodge they call him. He is often walking that road between Midleton and Carrig. He's definitely not harmless, wouldn't surprise me if it was him approaching the car and also in the abandoned house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Thanks for the report. Do please make a statement to the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Did you report it to the guards on Saturday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

No thankfully (and it's my car) but to add to it, when she was walking to the flat I was drinking in she saw a guy outside the Phoenix face down in a pool of his own blood, for all intents and purposes, dead. A towel had been placed over his head.

'twas the night for it...

And did she not call for help?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Jesus thats frightening....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

johnayo wrote: »
    Did you report it to the guards on Saturday night?

We were kinda "did that actually happen?" for the last couple of days, but we will do so.
    booboo88 wrote: »
    And did she not call for help?:eek:

There were people at the scene as she was passing, nothing more she could have done.

Advertisement