Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothing alterations in Dublin

• 13-03-2012 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Just want an opinion on this and perhaps future reference on where to get clothes altered.

Is €20 alot to pay to get wide leg jeans turned into skinny/straight leg jeans? Also I handed in a pair of jeans to get the waist tucked in and it was quoted at €16, it was getting nipped in at the back (bum area)? I thought it was expensive but maybe thats just normal??

Appreciate it :-)

Also if you guys know of other good places, let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I'd agree that that is a fairly standard price. Its a fair bit of work to rip out a whole double-stitched or french seam such as you have on jeans and then remove the excess neatly and sew it up again. Its towards the lower end of the scale for that amount of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I agree. Altering jeans that will take a bit of time, if it is done well.

Alterations and dress making are jobs that are quite skilled and there are overheads to be paid, like a good machine and materials.

I would expect to have to pay someone who is good at what they do, a decent hourly wage.

(The minimum wage is €8.65 an hour).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

huskerdu wrote: »
    I agree. Altering jeans that will take a bit of time, if it is done well.

Alterations and dress making are jobs that are quite skilled and there are overheads to be paid, like a good machine and materials.

I would expect to have to pay someone who is good at what they do, a decent hourly wage.

(The minimum wage is €8.65 an hour).

Thank you both for letting me know the ins and outs of it, its good to know I'm getting a good price for it! I'm looking forward to getting my jeans back to see them and wear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bob1975

I use the Stitch Shop in Ranelagh. always a great job. On lower beechwood avenue just up from Ulster Bank.

Advertisement