Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowdrop Walk, Darndale

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me about this area please? Good, bad, really bad, dangerously bad?

Edit- snowdrop walk, not road sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Darndale would generally be considered one of the rougher areas of the city. That said, it is now probably a lot more mature than it had been. Like anywhere, wander along on a Friday or Saturday night from 7-10pm and see what its like.

Some of the houses were re-built so that the front and rear gardens were swapped, so as to discourage anti-social behaviour.

They should be solidly built, although many would be about 30 years old and may need attention to insulation, windows, electrics and plumbing.

There are two properties listed on daft.ie and as you can see, prices, quality and possibly neighbours will vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

my auntie lives there years; yes its had its bad times (like everywhere) but she raised two kids there with no hassles. They bought the house also. They have great neighbours and there always seems to be a good community spirit.

On the negatives that part of darndale looks a lot more untidy than the rest.

You should go up yourself and go around the area at different times to get a feel for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Thanks for the helpful replies victor and all ibaba. I must take a stroll around it at the weekend, Im from Dublin 5 myself so not far but have never even been to darndale. There is a lovely cheap house on daft so that got me thinking about it.
    Thanks you lovely lot, always so helpful!x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stered

Wouldn't touch it with your money nevermind mine.
    Have relatives there and I really don't know how people can treat their own houses/gardens and estates like that.
    The new housing gave it a facelift but it's back to the way it was in my opinion.

Some great people in there, and I agree there's a great sense of community but I'd stick to D5 if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Thanks for that, i actually asked two taxi drivers i know recently and they said pretty much the same. Going to save save save for a year or two and hopefully Dublin 5 will be more available to us :)

Advertisement