Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing your own skincare to facials

Options
  • 13-03-2012 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have a voucher for a facial in a store in Dublin and this made me wonder about Dublin stores' attitudes towards bringing your own skincare products in for them to use, the way you might do with shampoo in a hairdresser. I'm just thinking this because I work for a skincare brand, that I trust and that my skin has gotten used to (it's almost entirely natural product, so chemicals and mineral oil etc won't fare well with me..)

Has anyone ever done this? Do we think maybe I should call the brand and ask them what their policies are, I just don't want to offend them really so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing and what the reaction has been..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Call first and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

If its for a particular brand then i doubt they would allow you to bring another brands products. If its a more general thing then maybe but i doubt it. With all the trouble that can come about from skin reactions and hygiene in cosmetics i don't think most places would be happy using products they know nothing about, even if they are your own. Let us know how you get on anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

I know I wouldn't be comfortable using other skincare in a facial purely because I wouldn't have any knowledge of the brand itself?

Advertisement