Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase Problem

Options
  • 13-03-2012 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

Ok so I got Cubase version 1.01 on my family laptop about 4 years ago from my music teacher.

Just for some messing around and a bit of dodgy recording.

Trouble is my family laptop is so run down with **** it doesnt run efficiently enough.

So last week i transferred the software onto my new laptop via an external hard-drive.

Now the program runs perfectly, no problem at all, but it keeps telling me that the audio engine could not start because there is no sound input. and even when I connect my mixer to the laptop it says the same.

I never had any issue on the old laptop.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Ok, stabbing in the dark.... it's been a while since i've had problems likes:-

Check/Update driver for the laptops audio device while cubase is closed... update it and then restart cubase and check in the settings that it finds some audio device in the input and output section and that the device is selected.

If nothing is there, maybe check that the audio device is enabled in the computers device manager or even muted.

Check the systray that there are no applications that are using the audio card - as the message could be saying that another program is using the audio device - even a browser and such can cause this sometimes.

Check that Direct X is also updated and maybe hunt down / install the ASIO4ALL driver for your version of windows.

If all of that doesn't help, start trawling through the forums at cubase or maybe try an external sound card that connects through USB (very cheap)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

did u check under system/devices that your sound card is set there?

Cubase has also pretty cheap (under €100) versions which has most of the features of the latest. if you can afford it - the difference between version 1 to SIX is h u g e .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Make sure your mixer/interface is turned on first or try uninstalling USB drivers (assuming you're using a usb interface) while the mixer is not connected to the laptop. Restart, reconnect the mixer then using the install wizard you can reinstall the drivers, or search for them online.

Advertisement