Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Money from ROI Account To NI account with ulster Bank.

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question,
    Is it possible for me to tranfer money from A ROI ulster bank account to and NI ulster Bank account?This is using online banking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes. You need the NI BIC and IBAN and you can do it via online banking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

And you don't want to use your bank for the transfer coz they will give you bad exchange rate. Only use bank if it's a one-off. If you gonna be transferring money regularly then look into dedicated fx services.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I use one called www.rabbitfx.com. Some others are: www.xe.com, and www.currencyfair.com. Shop around, get the best rate you can. Isn't worth the hassle if you just want to send 100 quid tho :) My wages are in sterling, so it's a big deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks for all the replys guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tony Smith

I will be working up north myself for 6 months, so Im looking into this in depth.

srsly78, rabbitfx seem to just quote midmarket on their home page currency calculator, you never actually get that rate when you go to exchange they add their margins? What percentage are they generally away from mid market when you do the exchange?

Has anyone else used any of the above?

Correct they only show the real rate when you login and get a quote. Their spread depends on the size of the transaction, with the first threshold of £25000 in sterling (ie you get smaller spread once you go over 25000). Yesterday with mid-market eur:gbp of 1.207 they were offering ~1.201.

In theory currencyfair.com has no spread at all, but in reality I can never seem to get a good rate through them (they act as market maker, different from other sites).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I use currency fair once a month, and have no hesitation in recommending them.
    It takes 24 hours approx to complete the full transaction, which is really good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 WXF

So how it's look like? One transfers EUR to the Exchanger's bank account and after the Exchanger transfers GBP to recipient's UK bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

WXF wrote: »
    So how it's look like? One transfers EUR to the Exchanger's bank account and after the Exchanger transfers GBP to recipient's UK bank account?

Basically yes.
    Transfer money to exchanger, once it clears, do an exchange at the rate offered or wait for a better rate.
    Once exchanged, request transfer to destination bank.
    With currency fair, its taking me approx 24hours from start to finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement