Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(not provided) (not set)

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Just to get a bit of feedback and perhaps share a bit. The Google change of late to using encryption for logged in users results in 'keywords' of (not provided) and (not set) aka - we're not telling you.

In the last thirty days on a site I look after, it had (not provided) or (not set) at 8% of all search terms (8% logged in!).

That sites traffic is fairly healthy. Anyone else (with decent traffic) like to share that metric.

Just to see if its anyway similar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

IRE60 wrote: »
    Just to get a bit of feedback and perhaps share a bit. The Google change of late to using encryption for logged in users results in 'keywords' of (not provided) and (not set) aka - we're not telling you.

In the last thirty days on a site I look after, it had (not provided) or (not set) at 8% of all search terms (8% logged in!).

That sites traffic is fairly healthy. Anyone else (with decent traffic) like to share that metric.

Just to see if its anyway similar

I've got 6.66% on one site and 7.19% on another. Both are fairly busy sites.

Edit: Just looking at the logs for the last few five days, Not Set and Not Provided have taken a massive jump, they're between 13% and 18% on both sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Interesting they are both about the same - but a far cry for the proposed '3%' estimated by google at its outset

I'm still seeing 16-19% per day now, on both sites. Very strange. What's your daily rate in the last few days?

now you mention it - since Mar 1st

Too coincidental?!

It must have finally gone live on searches performed on Google.ie. As far as I can remember, when it launched it was only for searches performed on Google.com.

I don't mind that high a percentage to be honest, you're still left with 80%, which will give you a fairly accurate idea of what the searches were. My top keywords prior to this increase match my top keywords after it. Losing that information was my main concern.

• Advertisement

Of course - it reached our shores! True the relatives are still the same - top is still top

Advertisement