Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of building a wall?

• 13-03-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all, can someone please give an approximate cost to build a 30ft long, 8ft high wall please. It's for my back garden to replace a fence. I will be contacting some builders shortly for quotes but wanted to have an idea on the price first.

Cheers :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

livEwirE wrote: »
    Hi all, can someone please give an approximate cost to build a 30ft long, 8ft high wall please. It's for my back garden to replace a fence. I will be contacting some builders shortly for quotes but wanted to have an idea on the price first.

You cant build an 8 foot high wall.

Its illegal and breaks planning laws and building rules/regulations.

The highest you can go for a back garden wall is 2 meters (to the best of my knowladge).

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70930315

Hears a guide, although its a couple of years old it should give you a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cheers for the info all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KEVIN68

livEwirE wrote: »

Hi . If you would like a quote it would be necessary to know what you plan to build the wall out of, bricks , solid blocks , cavity blocks ? and do you want it rendered ? do you want cappings on top if so what type ? do you have a foundation in for the wall ? and are you supplying materials or do you want that inc in the price ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,627 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its been my experience that, even with a reasonable and practical approach to costing of jobs, garden walls seem to cost twice what you think they should!

• Advertisement
Advertisement