Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap Tap Tap- Roof Tile

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Living in a 3 bed mid terrace in Charlesland Court and I have noticed that when its windy outside we have this annoying tap tap tap sound which sounds like its coming from a roof tile.

I had a look up in the attic and can see 2 of the 4 flexable pieces of tubing which should be connected to the outside roof tiles have fallen loose, the cellotape holding them has broken away :eek:

I'm doubt this is causing the tile issue as the tapping noice is coming from the far side of the roof, possibly the wind in getting trapped under the sheeting under the tiles and lifting one or two tiles ?

Anyway my question is, has anyone had any similar issues.
    Not sure how I would reattach the vents to roof tiles either (correctly), I would need stilts to reach the vent,

Also would this ne a job for a handy man or do I need a roofer,

Cheers
    Earlsie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

we had similar problem. bits of broken tiles had fallen onto felt under tiles. It got stuck there and as wind and air pressure caused the felt to rise and fall the broken bits tap off the other tiles. it was particularly bad at one point so i located the source and wedged the felt to the tiles preventing the tapping.
    On the vent pipes, you need to duct tape them to the vent outlet in the tiles. same problem here years ago. Also the court, same "builders".

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Could also be from loose lead flashing on the roof over the back door.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

dr ro wrote: »
    we had similar problem. bits of broken tiles had fallen onto felt under tiles.

Ahh this might be the likely issue alright, I have noticed one broken tile on the inside of the eaves and when its windy the felt up there does get lifted a bit (Is this normal), I guess I need to take a closer look up there in the attic and see whats going on,.....

watch out of my next post soon, tap tap tap crash through ceiling :D

Advertisement