Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 10 Results

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Cardinals 31-24 Packers

Green Bay drops to 7-2 after a close defeat to the Arizona Cardinals.

Was late last night when we played so I can't remember many details :pac:

Got truly fooked over in the process of 3 plays. At the end of the 1st half, while 10-0 down, with 7 seconds left, I had the perfect defensive look for a fade pass to Sidney Rice, but Locker over threw him, story of Locker's day, I couldn't make any passes!

Then, on the opening play of the 2nd half, Ray Rice fumbled the ball and it was taken back to the house to make it 17-3.

Then, on the kick off return immediately after this, Ginn fumbled the kick off return which was also ran back to the house to make it 24-3 :pac:

I managed to get it back to 24-17 but an INT thrown with 3 mins left killed the game.

The Packers adjustment to the passing game is still having teething problems, but we're confident come play off time we'll be rolling. See you in the play offs for pay back Shane :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Cardinals 31-24 Packers

Green Bay drops to 7-2 after a close defeat to the Arizona Cardinals.

Was late last night when we played so I can't remember many details :pac:

Got truly fooked over in the process of 3 plays. At the end of the 1st half, while 10-0 down, with 7 seconds left, I had the perfect defensive look for a fade pass to Sidney Rice, but Locker over threw him, story of Locker's day, I couldn't make any passes!

Then, on the opening play of the 2nd half, Ray Rice fumbled the ball and it was taken back to the house to make it 17-3.

Then, on the kick off return immediately after this, Ginn fumbled the kick off return which was also ran back to the house to make it 24-3 :pac:

I managed to get it back to 24-17 but an INT thrown with 3 mins left killed the game.

The Packers adjustment to the passing game is still having teething problems, but we're confident come play off time we'll be rolling. See you in the play offs for pay back Shane :D

Thats if you make the playoffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Raoul wrote: »

the next few weeks in the nfc north will see some massive games bears play the packers lions and packers again we should have a better idea of the play off picture after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry I can't hear you from down there at 4-4 :p

In all seriousness,

Huge few weeks ahead with 2 games against the Bears, a game against the Lions and a repeat of the NFC Championship game against the Bucs.

Will be a fun few weeks :D 2-2 in those games and I'm in the play offs ;)

It will hopefully be 5-4 be the end of the day! :)

Once again I think the NFC North is one of the most difficult divisions in the franchise. We have gotten rid of Dave :pac: and brought in Paddy :(

I would be happy with a wildcard spot but I don't think it is unimaginable to win the division. If I can beat the Bears twice, and the Bears beat the Packers, its on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Once again I think the NFC North is one of the most difficult divisions in the franchise. We have gotten rid of Dave :pac:

Want me back ? :pac: This whole challenging berty business is not working out !

Want me back ? :pac: This whole challenging berty business is not working out !
    Well my record against Paddy is 1-1 at the moment, so thats probably better than my record was against you.

So...nope! Enjoy playing Berty:pac:

Well my record against Paddy is 1-1 at the moment, so thats probably better than my record was against you.

So...nope! Enjoy playing Berty:pac:

What's your record against me :p

Want me to go too? :pac:

Yes please! :)

Out of all our games, I think there has been only one where you have beaten me comprehensively :(. I am still seething from that one game where you won with something stupid like an 80 yard pass which bounced off my players hand/helmet or something and you caught in the endzone.

I don't remember a lot of Madden plays but that one is going to be forever stuck in my head.

EDIT - And stop following me around threads taking little jabs at me. You will regret them in our next game. I am promising the Detroit fans a big W

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Eagles beat Dolphins 70-3

Sorry lads but I think its best If I leave the franchise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think you should get on a team play game with two of us, and that way you can see how we play. I dont know if you heard me talking, as I only heard from you when the game was over, but its the fundamentals you need work on.

3rd and long and running a wildcat wont work and it meant you gave up two safetys. 2 of the interceptions to winfield were when he was standing in front of your player. The other 3 was when 2 safetys and a DB were covering your player.

If you look at the scoring.

4th Quarter 1TD int returned. 7 points on Defense

3rd Quarter KR TD, INT TD, SAFETY, that's 16 points on Defense

4TD from Runs were over 40yds.

1TD from Pass was with 20yards after the carry.

Only TD actually came from a short run and that was still 12yrds.

The vast majority of these were down to you taking control of every DB and LB which stalls them and puts them in the wrong direction of your not holding the stick in the right direction. It left huge gaps up the field.

I'll never take control of a DB or Safety, occasionally I'll take a LB, only if he' blitzing or covering the HB So I can use him to blitz. I never use a WR as I can't route run/catch same with the DB/SS/FS

8 seconds left in the game Raiders have beaten me, he gets disconnected. It says if I exit and count that I get the win? Is that right?

If so I will exit and don't count and he can play cpu.

EDIT - Need an answer quick. I have to go. Had to just not count it and let him play the cpu. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

8 seconds left in the game Raiders have beaten me, he gets disconnected. It says if I exit and count that I get the win? Is that right?

If so I will exit and don't count and he can play cpu.

EDIT - Need an answer quick. I have to go. Had to just not count it and let him play the cpu. Sorry!

My xbox live connection seems to have gone completely. I was also given that option and clicked quit and count.

It doesnt seem to have counted it. Just play the CPU and recreate the score difference. Well played Jones Drew destroyed me. But those two fumbles from Johnson and McGahee didn't help either.

It doesnt seem to have counted it. Just play the CPU and recreate the score difference. Well played Jones Drew destroyed me. But those two fumbles from Johnson and McGahee didn't help either.

There's no way I'll get my special stats back. I never rush well on the CPU, there goes the MVP for MJD. Heck, I could lose to the CPU. I had such a good write-up planned too.

Alright something seems properly wrong with my xbox live connection. It gets to the network (the same one I'm posting from) but not to xbox live and often not the internet. Any suggestions? As it happens as I typed that last bit it finally solved it self. The old commentator's curse never fails.

Also, if I'm about to lose to the CPU could the commish give me permission to use unlimited restarts as I had the game won (up 34-17, kneeling it with 8 seconds left)?

EDIT: Gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys beat the Seahawks 23-21 to move to 6-3 and stay top of the NFC East.

First drive of the day and the Seahawks score a TD from a Stafford long bomb and I was thinking to myself ''here we go'' but I regrouped well.

I used Manning a little bit more today and I'm getting a bit more confident with him. If I could get going with him, especially with the receivers I have and the running game I could have quite an offense.

Manning scored 1 TD for me on a sneak on the 1 yard line, Bradshaw had his usual excellent game with 1 TD, 261 yards and a long of 48 yards. Henery kicked 3 from 3 FG's with 47 yards being the longest.

Defensively I struggled with only 1 sack on Stafford, Fletcher with it as usual. Having Idonje back is a massive boost for me though. Still 7 weeks away from a return for Pouha so there's a chance I might not have him back at all for the season if I don't make the playoffs!

Next up for me is a rematch against ET's Giants, looking forward to that after our great game last gameweek.

matthew8 wrote: »
    There's no way I'll get my special stats back. I never rush well on the CPU, there goes the MVP for MJD. Heck, I could lose to the CPU. I had such a good write-up planned too.

Alright something seems properly wrong with my xbox live connection. It gets to the network (the same one I'm posting from) but not to xbox live and often not the internet. Any suggestions? As it happens as I typed that last bit it finally solved it self. The old commentator's curse never fails.

Also, if I'm about to lose to the CPU could the commish give me permission to use unlimited restarts as I had the game won (up 34-17, kneeling it with 8 seconds left)?

EDIT: Gone again.

Yes of course. Restart it as often as you like. Try keep the score to the same margin as well if you start to run away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

This game was in the balance for a while, until the inevitable, but we'll get to that. First though, a crazy, crazy first half.

Bengals receive kick, go a quick 3 & out against the relentless Jets defense.
    Jets get the ball and move it well, before fumbling, Bengals recover on a strip fumble.
    Bengals throw away the gift with a pick straight away, Cam Newton back to his best as the NYJ defense keeps him guessing, badly.
    A couple of plays later, Jets fumble out of the wildcat with the goalline at their mercy. Which leads to our favourite sight in football, run fat man run! 337 lb DT Charlston Bullock rumbles his way down the field, with Jet players gasping in his glorious wake, until he finally falls into the end zone for 96yd fumble return TD.
    7-0 CIN
    Jets get ball back and move the ball easily against the flummoxed Bengals D, ending in a 20yd Spiller run.
    7-7
    Couple of plays into Bengals drive, Jets look to blitz and Newton finds Garcon on a slant just before he gets milled by defender. 58yd TD pass.
    14-7 CIN
    Jets offense moves the ball easily again, before Bengals finally get a stop on 3rd & 6 in the red zone. 25yd FG.
    14-10 CIN
    Bengals on their way up the field, 3rd & 7, Cam Newton rolls out right and looks like he has the legs for it, stops, and hits an open Alexander for the first down, and being the sure pair of hands that he is, drops it as soon as a defender lays a finger on him. Incomplete. Settle for a 46yd FG.
    17-10 CIN
    Jets receive the ball, make a couple of plays, and with 0:06 left Rodgers drops back with all the time in the world to throw up a Hail Mary. It's in the air..... floating toward the big WR in the end zone.... two DB's trying desperately to catch up..... the ball bounces around their hands and drops..... into the waiting arms of Burress who falls into the end zon as the hal expires.
    17-17
    Second half, first play. Keller catches a pass and scampers for an 80yd TD.
    24-17 NYJ
    Bengals try to get back in it, driving up the field, helped by a roughing the passer call. Newton scrambles in the red zone and as the defenders near him releases a throw to Maclin for the TD.
    24-24
    Jets drive at will again, and Rodgers hits the giant Burress on a fade in the endzone against mis-matched DB.
    31-24 NYJ
    Bengals paying catch-up, Newton throws a pick-6!
    38-24 NYJ
    After a fourth down conversion on QB sneak, Newton throws another INT. Jets move the ball easily and finish by punding it in on the run.
    45-24 NYJ
    Bengals finsih on 4-and-out and Jets kneel it to close the game.

Great chatting to you Berty, way too nice in victory. Some outrageous laughter as that Hail Mary dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Broncos beat Chiefs in a dire game. Vince Young and his offense achieved zero in the game apart from catching three hail mary's. They sucked soo hard that I started playing like an ass and just brought it to their endzone and threw it to Ed Reed over and over again. So i benched my starting QB, HB and WR and just ran it out.

I can only be delighted with my defense (they got all my points bar a poxy field goal), especially pro bowl bound third round pick SS Keanon Darby. But that was my first CPU game and I CANT just play like a moron just because the computer probably wont do much.

None of my stats will make any sense any more.... Ah well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not a lot to say

Completely outclassed by a superb display by the Bills

OJ Atogwe surely heading for AFC player of the week with three INTs

Nice chatting to you Dave and thanks for the tips, I will be certainly practicing hard
    I have a few bad habits I need to work on

On another note I see the Bengals also lost tonight so despite this whipping Ravens remain top of AFC North :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Wo!! Will the formerly 0-4 Bills come screaming all the way into Wildcard weekend? If they do, I certainly wouldn't want to see them!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Not a lot to say

Completely outclassed by a superb display by the Bills

OJ Atogwe surely heading for AFC player of the week with three INTs

Nice chatting to you Dave and thanks for the tips, I will be certainly practicing hard
    I have a few bad habits I need to work on

On another note I see the Bengals also lost tonight so despite this whipping Ravens remain top of AFC North :cool:

Ye big runs from Woodhead and Atogwe's interceptions need the end of the first half really hurt you. The first quarter was a stalemate. After that there was a readjustment.

I'm must find the overly long mail i sent to Helichomptor last season. Exact same advice !

Your took defeat like a gentleman and remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets/Bengals. Yes Rob that was some first half. Some fun plays. Really funny hearing all the cheering in your house roaring on Bullock as he rumbled up the field for that amazing recovery.

Could not quite believe that TD at the end of the half, definitely the luckiest TD I have ever scored and a huge game changer. (For college football afficianados its the exact same play as the one in the college season just finished when Michigan State won on the last play of the game against Wisconsin ).

Here is the replay as Rodgers hurls it up just as he is about to get hit, looking for Heyward Bay on the streak, only for Plax to haul in the tipped ball at the two and run forward for the TD.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/116825960

Jets had more than double the yardage of the Bengals ( 561 against 256 ) but the game was really close and in the balance into Quarter 4. There were no punts in the game, just loads of turnovers ! Who ever said Beancounters were boring !

Great chatting Rob. Hope to be able to chat longer next time and maybe discuss some baseball !

Raiders 38-20 Lions (and 7 of those I deliberately let happen to restore a similar margin to the dced game)
    Not really much to say, Raiders didn't throw a pass, dominated throughout, Lions sucked. Stats:
    Joe Flacco Lions QB 116.9-10-18-3-1
    Chris Johnson Lions HB 10-45-0
    Murphy (playing against his real life team) Lions WR 3-146-3
    MJD Raiders HB 43 (!)-277-4
    Morris OAK 4-39
    Jones OAK 1-8 (By the time I realised Jones was the HB I had already started the play, didn't mean to give him a carry)
    Fiammetta OAK (backup FB) 1-1-1
    No passing stats
    Peters OAK 2 sacks
    Jones OAK 1 sack
    Williams 1 INT

Next up for us 3 CPU games, first coming up against the impressive Patriots who are 4-4 but shouldn't cause too much trouble, then it's the Vikings who are on a 6 game losing streak (but have Tom Brady) and finally the Chiefs who made me really sweat for a win earlier in the year. Win those 3 and I'm back in the playoff hunt going into a gruelling final 4 weeks with the Broncos, Bears, Chargers and Packers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Colts Titans receive

They make good progress up the field and then fumble after crossing for a 1st down, the ball bounces behind the 1st down marker and the Titans punt.

Colts make some good passes to Davis but end up having to punt

Titans have a quick 3 and out and the Colts get the ball on their 27 yard line

Colts get up the field well and then give up a 19 yard sack.

The Colts make it big in the air and the Titans D pushes Davis into the end zone for a 39 yard TD :mad: but injure Davis :D but not seriously :mad:

0-7 Colts 5:30 in the half

Titans move well to midfield and then have to punt
    Colts cant do much and have to punt with 1:29 in the half
    Titans mess up the punt return and start at the 14 instead of the 30 yard.

Titans air it out but dont get anything and the Colts get ball back with 50 seconds left in the half.

Colts punt with 14 seconds left in the half.

0-7 at the half
    Colts receive

On the Colts second play they throw it 71 yards for a TD

Finley and Best combine with McNabb to get downfield and get Best in for a 31 yard rushing TD.

7-14 Colts

Titans sack the Colts for 3rd and 26 and then they get the pass over the middle to put them in at least FG range.
    Titans stop them but the Colts get a FG

7-17 Colts
    9 in the game.
    The teams trade punts and the Titans get the ball back with 5:30 then try something fancy and its intercepted on the 15 yard line and run in for a TD.

7-24 Colts

Titans go up the field and fumble and recover on the 1 yard line and then hit Bush for a TD

14-24 Colts
    Colts are forced to punt with 1:47 on the clock

Titans throw an int on their first play and that is game

Some stats:

Titans with 254 offense only 92 rushing to the Colts 319 offense and 106 rushing.
    Titans have a slightly better 3rd down conversion rate 45% to 33%

Rivers with a QB rating of 128 with 10 of 20 and 247 yards and 2 TDs
    McNabb with a rating of 48 with 10 from 22 166 yards 1 TD and 2 Ints

McFadden leads the rushing with 109 yards from 22 carries, Best comes in with 72 yards from 17 carries and a TD

Bryan Anthony and Davis dominated the Titans D between them clocking up 180 yards on 6 catches and 2 TDs

Colts were worth their victory, when they needed a play they got it with McFadden, Davis or Anthony getting them a fresh set of downs or a TD.

Good chatting as always McG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The colts and the titans are playing there franchise game right now. Why can't there be spectators lobby for games !!!!

You didnt miss much dave, wasnt the best game we've had!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Close game with a couple of interceptions making the difference, the first being returned for 6 that gave the Colts a lead that forced the Titans to throw more than they'd like which led to the second.

Titans fumble twice but recover both.

Davis and Anthony score on big plays. Davis's was a 39 yard TD where he dragged a couple of defenders the last few yards after the Colts found themselves 3rd and 29 (I clicked to throw the ball away but he did it so slowly Rivers was caught for a huge sack)! Anthony's came in a 2nd and 1 situation when the Titans went all in against a run and a streaking Anthony was left all alone downfield to pull in a 70 yard TD.

McFadden puts up 109 yard but no TDs (which might be the first time since week 1 against the Ravens he hasn't scored).

For the Titans, Jahvid Best looked dangerous making 72 yards and a TD but the Colts dealt with the Titan's rushing game much better than their previous meeting this season.

That makes it 7 in a row for the Colts who extend their lead in the AFC South with a 7-2 record. The Colts now look forward to welcoming the AFC North whipping boys, the Steelers, to Lucas Oil Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

You didnt miss much dave, wasnt the best game we've had!

yeah, not great. The game earlier this season was brilliant. So close to the big comeback.......

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants beat The Redskins 27-9. The weather was beautiful, so the monsoon that plagued The New Meadowlands for the first 7 week of the season has passed, just in time for the snow.

Next up is The Cowboys in Dallas for a grudge match!! Word that the defensive co-ordinator had brought in a bounty system in for players like Ahmed B, too obvious, A Bradshaw have yet to be proven

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are there many games left to be played?

Advertisement