Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 10 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

2 games left, texans/browns and falcons/buccs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pudsey had said he would be back on Saturday but hasn't gotten back about a time, then Santry said he would remove him to let me play the cpu which hasn't happened either. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pudsey had said he would be back on Saturday but hasn't gotten back about a time, then Santry said he would remove him to let me play the cpu which hasn't happened either. :/
    Sorry it slipped my mind Dave. Will be done by 3.

Pudsy has been removed so you can play your game Dave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

go cpu Texans!

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    go cpu Texans!

Starting now.

Would have preferred to play Pudsey, I think I would have stood a better chance than against the CPU :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A win is a win Dave!

The sight of a Bull(?) riding on the back of a golf cart throws the Browns off balance, and they lose the coin toss.

Texans receive the ball, and on the first play, the Browns D# learns the value of wrap up tackling. Instead of being a tfl Adrian Peterson swats the defender off of him and picks up a first down. Then a holding penalty on the next set of downs means they have to 3 and out.

On to the field comes Andy Dalton and the Browns offence, finely tuned machines that are well rested from their bye week. They also punt it away.

Jay Cutler goes down hard....but he is a tough little cookie and bounce back up to launch it deep on a pass that genuienly had me saying "ohhhh noooo" but it just over shot the open man. 4th down and 15. Texans punt it away.

The Browns have to punt it away again. Already on the Houston Defence #94 is making his presence felt, stuffing up the running game in the backfield.

Texans are driving well down the field, with the help of a long pass through broken coverage to get them in the Cleveland Redzone as the first quarter ends with no score.

2nd Quarter.
    They can only go backwards though losing 3 yards, then 5 yards and then 9 yards on a sack to end up with a 4th and 27.

FG is Good. 3-0 Texans

Shockey comes to the rescue again hauling one in on third down, and then FB Greg Jones blasts his way through on a 3rd & 1 which the chain gang say is good for a first down.

Then I get called for intentional grounding????/? I've never been called for intentional grounding offline?? Browns face a 3rd and 28 on their own 35 yard line. Shockey is deep...deeper...cuts outside....Dalton gets the pass off and the D-Lineman tips it (3 man rush, centre never even engaged a target) and my heart is in my mouth as I'm mashing the B button furiously to try and take control of a O-Lineman to catch it so that it won't be picked off. Blatent disregard of the eligible receiver business but anyway... Fortunately it just falls to the turf.

Texans get a TD after some good passing. #82 Hartline with the honours. XP is good.
    10-0 Texans.

Browns get flagged for intentional ground again????? This time Dalton was running away and was well outside the hash marks..... The Browns head coach on the side line sounded much like former Waterford Hurling coach Davy Fitz after a colourful outburst accusing the officials of being less than fair-

Texans kick a FG with 0:14 left.
    13-0 HOU

Browns foolishly decide to go deep instead of running it out and it gets picked off. Browns D# get another sack though. Texans launch it deep as time runs out but it is incomplete.

Half-Time 13-0 to Houston

Browns get the ball but still can't do anything with it and Chris Kluwe is punting it from inside his own endzone. Marcus Trufant force the fumble on the return but the Texans recover... :mad:

Then the Texans get another TD. Peterson running it in....then the scumbag computer goes for 2 :eek: and gets it :mad:

21-0 HOU
    Browns go 3 and out....
    Texans are driving down the field...and I just can't stop them, either Peterson just runs over the tackler or Cutler runs for it and gets the first down... And they score again.....28-0 HOU

4th Quarter.
    Browns punt it away.
    Texans start inside the Browns half....same as it has been all day....Browns Defence can do nothing to stop them, then Mr Cutler decides to run for it. Browns LB Kevin Burnett puts the pain train on him and the ball pops loose. Corner-back Derek Cox (who is actually 1st string SS) scoops it up and as the the commentators so non-politicly correct informed us..."HE'S GOT GET AWAY FROM COP SPEED." 80 yard fumble recovery return. 28-7 with less than 5:00 remaining in the 4th.

Browns finally get something into gear and force a three and out.
    Then the offence is flying down the field. Dalton to shockey...1st Down. Dalton to Moss...1st Down....Dalton to Shockey....1st down and then some......Dalton to AJ Hawk....oh dear... :(

Texans punter hoofs it out of bounds to the 4 yard line with 1:45 left. Browns down 28-7 have two options, run the clock out and get out of dodge....or go deep and pad the stats.

Shockey is deep....it's good for 32 yards.
    Shockey is deep.....it's picked off.

Texans kneel the ball down and the Browns run off with a tough loss.

Final Score 28-7

Gatorade Man of the Match was AJ Hawk with 2 Interceptions.
    Dave's Man of the Match was either AP or the Texans Offensive Coordinator who realised the Browns strength was Pass Defence and decided to let AP run riot. :/

Browns remain 3rd in the AFC North and surely at 3-6 only a miracle will get them to the playoffs now.

Just wasn't meant to be this week for the AFC North. :/

Starting now.

Would have preferred to play Pudsey, I think I would have stood a better chance than against the CPU :o
    A win is a win Dave!

That's why I would have preferred to play against Pudsey :(:o

That's why I would have preferred to play against Pudsey :(:o

Unlucky man, i'll see you for a game in 2 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Whens the league being advanced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bengals, Ravens and Browns all lost
    And the Steelers have the worst record in the league

Our division has turned into whipping boys
    The boyos in the AFC South are laughing at us, it just won't do :mad:

Well you did call us soft at the start of the season mike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat Buccs 24-7, league can be advanced

Gameweek has been advanced to week 11

Advertisement