Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Tiles Removal

• 13-03-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking to put in wooden floors in my house (downstairs in the hall, kitchen, and office). First of all I have to remove the floor tiles that are down at the moment. They are, I think a Chinese Slate type of tile, laid directly onto concrete. I was having a go at removing some of them last night in the office in the corner but they are not the easiest to get up and the tiles chips quite a bit. I was using just a hammer and chisel, so just looking to see if anyone has any tips/hints to get them up a bit quicker? Dont want to go down the route of getting a jack hammer or anything that strong that may damage the concrete flooring underneath as this will be the base for the new floor.

thanks,

burger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

I would hire a kango with a spade bit, the concrete will be marked but not really damaged.

Advertisement