Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35 Marathon Man

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

A Waterford man,Alan Corcoran is hoping to complete 35 marathons (917Miles) in 35 days. It will be a lap of Ireland he is doing and he is doing so in aid of the Irish Heart Foundation after his father and former President of the FAI Milo Corcoran suffered a heart attack last year.

Take a look at the website and please give your support.

http://www.35marathonman.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

good luck to the man, found Dublin and Cork marathons hard going one every day for over a month, now thats going to be fun to say the least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Best of luck to him I say, but 35 marathons in 35 days sounds like suicide!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I know a guy (prob the fittest person I ever met) that ran something like 10 in 10 days over in Dubai and he said the 10th was literally torture so I can't imagine what kind of a creature could run 35 in a row. Best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

jaysus hed wanna be doin some eatin/sleepin

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I know him, fair play first of all, but yeah I was in his house the other day, he has a big bin full of ice so he can ice his legs after a run, ran a marathon last week at 6am and then went to college for the day after, he's cracked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Just want to give this a bump! He's starting in 10 days!

Alan has 3 done and only 32 left to go! He completed his first marathon in 4 hours 50, Day 2: 5 hours 10 and Day 3: 5 hours 20

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Alan has 3 done and only 32 left to go! He completed his first marathon in 4 hours 50, Day 2: 5 hours 10 and Day 3: 5 hours 20

:eek::eek::eek:

Jesus you'd think he'd keep his times up :pac:

In reality that chap can't be human.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Fair play to him. Hope he makes it through it. How many did that lunatic eddie izzard do?

• Advertisement

Alan has 23 marathons done and is still going strong. He is starting number 24 today in Clare. Only 11 left to do after today!
    You can follow him on twitter https://twitter.com/35MarathonMan or Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/35-Marathon-Man/343026149052047

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

absolutely amazing, now that he has broken my record of 22 marathons in 22 days:D i said i better sponsor him a few quid in the link above.

I believe he is finishing with the Waterford Viking Marathon. Surely worth getting out there to show some support or sponsor him a few quid if you can afford it.

Fair play Alan, you are a model for human endurance... and mental instability to take on this challenge

Max Powers wrote: »
    absolutely amazing, now that he has broken my record of 22 marathons in 22 days:D i said i better sponsor him a few quid in the link above.

I believe he is finishing with the Waterford Viking Marathon. Surely worth getting out there to show some support or sponsor him a few quid if you can afford it.

Fair play Alan, you are a model for human endurance... and mental instability to take on this challenge

Be a great thing to do alright, I think the chap deserves a thousand people St the finish line to himself. It's a mind boggling achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Thing that annoys me is that he has only raised €2,500 (when I last seen the total last week) for this amazing feat. I'll surely be throwing a few bob his way when I get paid. It's a paltry amount for what he has / is doing.

Advertisement