Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tebessa defence training

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right, we've lost Tebessa now at least 3 times; I'm not intending to let us lose it again. Hence tonight I want to see 30 tanks in a training room at 7pm ('ll set it up) to practice defensive strategies. This means:

We need:
    10 IS-7s to rush us
    Couple T30s/mediums/arties to supplement them

Couple of Mauses on base defence
    Couple of arties on defensive side
    Mediums/IS-7s/T30s/E100s to act as defensive force

Plan will be to execute the defensive strategy I created earlier. Step 2 to try a full defensive base camp against 3 arties and step 3 any other strat we can come up with. There are no CW games tonight so I need all people to sign up to the training room to be able to simulate this properly; if we want to be serious about land we need to practice, practice practice to hold on to it. Remember you pay nothing for repairs; only pay for the ammo (so don't go gold :P )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Excellent idea Dan.

I may not be on until 8pm or a little after by the time I get home from work.

But I do fully expect to see and be told that there has been a good turn out for this.

I would like to add that weekly training's will be arranged for particular CW maps, and only those in attendance will be considered for CW battles.

We will make an effort to have these trainings at a time that suits most - which may indeed mean skipping CW on the day(s) we have training (apart from land defence obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

In my opinion, one training should be stopping fast scouts, the defence trying to stop ....maybe 4-5 scouts (max batchats available). There are good teams sacrifice those for artillery early in the game, as also we saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

One option for defence we've never really tried is to use our IS7s as a battering ram. We usually try make a push on their base, while their IS7s are doing the same to use.

If we see where their main attack force is then rush our IS7s into them trying to cripple their attack, any opinions on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

I only finish work at 6 but will try and be along asap.

Definitely a change lately, whereas it used to be all top tier, fast scouting early on is becoming more and more popular.

An "anti-light" tactic is needed for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If they rush us they will be halfway over the map by the time we turn down the middle ramp and they will be on our slopes by the time we engage them pretty much. This means the following:
    • They got more IS-7s shooting at us (or at best equal)
    • Their ridge support can shoot our IS-7s; ours can't shoot theirs (they will be under the rock)
    • Their arty can shoot us; our arty can't shoot their IS-7s
    • If we push for their side to be under the ridge their IS-7s get that much time to shoot the engine compartments out
    If we would go that type of route I'd roll Mauses on them instead (5 Mauses and 5 T30s flanking); that will survive being shot a lot longer and the T30s can provide DPS (or if they try to kill them then Mauses will survive longer doing good damage).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Ahhhh I cant make it sorry , prob be on tomorrow night though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Can't make tonight. No way. But I like the idea very much and i think that this should make a big difference. Altough i wouldn't put my hopes for making two 15 people teams because there are lot of guys that first don't visit this forum (dunno why) and second we have bunch of guys that are ONLINE and do not want to join anything including CW or TC. Just saying. :)

P.S. Can anyone explain what DPS means? Tried googling but couldn't find any answers. It isn't probably damage per second :) is it maybe damage per shot?

cro_bully wrote: »
    Can't make tonight. No way. But I like the idea very much and i think that this should make a big difference. Altough i wouldn't put my hopes for making two 15 people teams because there are lot of guys that first don't visit this forum (dunno why) and second we have bunch of guys that are ONLINE and do not want to join anything including CW or TC. Just saying. :)

P.S. Can anyone explain what DPS means? Tried googling but couldn't find any answers. It isn't probably damage per second :) is it maybe damage per shot?

I suppose both terms could be used.

Damage per shot is obvious, and easy to understand, but doesn;t take into account how many shots you can get off.

A type E has the highest damage per shot in the game - does it have a better damage per second than an AMX 13 90 though?? ;) (eh, yes, it does lol)

Damage per second is a more accurate representation of how much damage a particular gun / tank combo can theoretically dish out.

damage per shot x shots per minute / 60.

So for the T30 (we'll use average damage)

(750 x 3.64)/60 = 45.5

Type E

(2000 x 1.84)/60 = 61.33 (however this is entirely innacurate due to the fact that HE shells rarely do their average damage)

is-7

(490 x 5)/60 = 40.833

E100

(750 x 3.64)/60 = 45.5

So even though the E100 and t30 do the same DPS, the T30 has an extra 50mm of penetration, but is a softer tank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

cro_bully wrote: »
    Usually Damage Per Second or simply damage dealer; damage per shot is only relevant for Alpha damage calculations :P

Anyway; that's a carry over from a few other games. The main point being we pick certain tanks to perform certain tasks; for example we have Maus due to their ability to take damage and not dish out damage. A T30 or JT is the other way around; while they can take some hits their main role is to deal out damage rather then taking it. Hence in our base defence we'll usually mix of tankers (Maus, T95s etc. to take hits) and DPS (damage dealers such as JT, T30 etc.) tanks.

Nody wrote: »
    Usually Damage Per Second or simply damage dealer; damage per shot is only relevant for Alpha damage calculations :P

Anyway; that's a carry over from a few other games. The main point being we pick certain tanks to perform certain tasks; for example we have Maus due to their ability to take damage and not dish out damage. A T30 or JT is the other way around; while they can take some hits their main role is to deal out damage rather then taking it. Hence in our base defence we'll usually mix of tankers (Maus, T95s etc. to take hits) and DPS (damage dealers such as JT, T30 etc.) tanks.

T95 actually has slightly higher DPS than T30 due to rate of fire :)

• Advertisement

T95 actually has slightly higher DPS than T30 due to rate of fire :)
    But more limited scope to apply it (and I'd take it with a pea shooter doing 1 damage guaranteed on any tank as long as the armor stays the same :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

Meeting the wife for something to eat between 7 -8 so i'll get on when I can.

Advertisement