Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using mods after 7.1.1

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

to use your old mods you need to put them in a differant directory

example with adding OvTM and other HUD mods
    •old way: the files were placed in World_of_Tanks\res\gui\flash
    •new way: the files will placed in World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.7.1.1\gui\flash

with a note: any sub-directories, like gui and flash, must be manually created

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'd like to add that J1mb0's Crosshair mod, version 1.11 works with 7.1.1

However, there is one small caveat which he has included in the instructions:
    Copy the content of the "flash" folder to:
    "\WORLD OF TANKS\RES_MODS\0.7.1.1\GUI\FLASH"
    Copy the GUN_MARKER_BLUE.DDS you like from "aim\color\type" folder to:
    "\WORLD OF TANKS\RES_MODS\0.7.1.1\GUI\MAPS\INGAME\AIM"

Do not install the "LC_MESSAGES" folder!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

I'd like to add that J1mb0's Crosshair mod, version 1.11 works with 7.1.1

However, there is one small caveat which he has included in the instructions:

How do u edit jimbos. i had a green + as my crosshair before the patch and i cant seem to find it now. Also hate the new shot effect in snipermode or maybe thats due to me editing the smoke, explosions files before this patch.

while browsing my 7.1 dir. i found a few files by accident . interesting. blizzard , rain , snow, dust_storm and fog

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    How do u edit jimbos. i had a green + as my crosshair before the patch and i cant seem to find it now. Also hate the new shot effect in snipermode or maybe thats due to me editing the smoke, explosions files before this patch.

while browsing my 7.1 dir. i found a few files by accident . interesting. blizzard , rain , snow, dust_storm and fog

You change the crosshairs in the normal crosshair settings in game.

And yeah - I'd say messing with those files may have done something, however I though the new install replaced it all? (or does the installer merely re-arrange the file structure?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

I HATE the new patch. My game before this was loading already slowly but it loaded in time. Now it loads every ****ing battle 20 seconds later. Also it lagged sometimes but now it lags every ****ing battle. **** me if this is with what they said. If i recall correctly they sad that game loading will be shorter but it turned out that it loads faster only for the players that alreda loaded fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

no problem loading maps here . faster in fact. did they change the matchmaker i wonder. im getting in Q for a lot longer than normal.
    fixed my crosshair issue. turns out i was using Adiyas intead of jimbos

Also installed this mod that shows players victory rating and more importantly efficency rating. for those that think its a load of bollocks, just watch the guys with low efficency do all the stupid things.
    Also there is an option to enable ratings in fog of war (experimental ). i wonder can you see the ratings before you spot the tanks?
    our next CW battle will tell.
    http://forum.bulychev.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

installed dokan as it said , run the x whatever proxy doesnt start game , when game starts it says failed to lad config , tried moving one of the sample configs into main menu or do i need to edit it onto xvm exe?

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    installed dokan as it said , run the x whatever proxy doesnt start game , when game starts it says failed to lad config , tried moving one of the sample configs into main menu or do i need to edit it onto xvm exe?

This mod is just way to complicated for no good reason. And it seems to require overtargetmarkers - but with its own config, and that's not something I want to let go.

I have my own config for OTM that I want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Ok got it working fine , its a great addition to the game for help spotting noobs and who to be wary of , well worth installing

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Ok got it working fine , its a great addition to the game for help spotting noobs and who to be wary of , well worth installing

Does it mess up OTM though?

Advertisement