Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ventilating a house

• 13-03-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

The house I live in is very badly ventilated,
    I am goin to put vent in each room.
    I am wondering would a vent in the ceiling ducted to a vent in the soffit be as sufficient as a vent in the wall?

Thanks

B

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

I did not plan on putting a mechanical fan in,
    Do you have any other recommendation other then having to drill a hole in the walls?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

window vents - but this all depends on how bad the air circulation and knock on issues are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Bomberman wrote: »
    I did not plan on putting a mechanical fan in,
    Do you have any other recommendation other then having to drill a hole in the walls?

There are many methods to ventilate a building. Not using some form of mechanical system is, imo, the poor relation and you are relying solely on weather conditions for ventilation leading generally to over or under ventilation.
    Check out these:
    Positive Input Ventilation (PIV), Demand Controlled Ventilation (DCV) and Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)

Advertisement